Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...And it's driving me crazy!! I have tried every res. known to man, on

this old(but in good shape) Barco Data HR. But no matter what, the image

is painted twice on each tube. It locks perfectly onto the signal.

What am I to do? I really hate to quit on these problems.

Nicholas

·
Registered
838 Posts
It sounds like you're far beyond this point already, but...

You're not feeding it an interlaced signal, are you?

- Chris

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, from my PC with a Radeon9000 card.(and I did remember neg. sync)

But thanks,

Nicholas

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm by far no expert, but, if you're using the s-video (are you?) isn't that interlaced? If someone were to connect their projector with either RCA video or S-video they'd get an interlaced signal since a TV is interlaced? Just wondering...

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using VGA->RGBHV BNC's....

Nich

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nich,

My only experience with a Data HR was one I had briefly maybe two years ago. I fed it an RGBHV signal from one of the original DVDO line doublers without any problems. It sounds to me like you're feeding it an interlaced signal, but the projector's vertical sync isn't properly locking? So the only thing that comes to mind is something with the sync signal.

How about the sync level DIP switch on the input RGB board? Maybe its set to 4 volts?

Are you using one of the small control boxes or an RCVDS to control the projector? Have you tried the fast/slow sync switch?

Mark

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"How about the sync level DIP switch on the input RGB board? Maybe its set to 4 volts?"

Where is that located? And yes, I use one of the small beige boxes on

the back.

Nich

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, I pulled in my BD600, without changing, and the picture

ran perfect. Now I know it's the Data HR. Maybe there's some secret

pot I haven't seen....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nich,

The 1V/4V sync DIP switch is right next to the RGBHV/RGBS select sync DIP switch on the input analog RGB board 7611145 which is the same board as the BD600 has according to the Barco spreadsheet. After re-reading your other thread on this projector I wonder about that other DIP switch's setting as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=243976

If those two DIP switches don't help, once again according to the Barco spreadsheet several of the boards are common with the BD600 and you might swap for testing purposes where you can actually confirm an exact part number match.

Now, after reading the previous thread again, do you have two pictures one on top of the other or two side by side?

Mark

·
Registered
968 Posts
Uh oh. I'm going to have to alter that last post of mine. It isn't an RGBHV or RGBS DIP switch, its a "blue in green" DIP switch. So forget that portion. By the way, if you look at the BD600 installation manual it shows the 7611145 input board and the DIP switches.

When you ran this signal into your BD600 did you still combine the H & V and input it into the S input?

Mark

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Nich

If you can locate witch board is malfunctioning, maybe I can help you. You have PM

Koldby

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Usually if you get a double image, image that is side by side, the horizontal oscillator is running at exactly half the frequency it should be. I'd start looking there. I'm no Barco tech, but there must be a pot for adjusting the Horizontal oscillator, or the circuit that senses the input frequency and switches the oscillator to the appropriate speed.

Marc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.