Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh man.

Curt has been helping me with parts for a BG 801. Well today i got the the quad splitter (the module that is all the way to the back. Has TWO red wires going out of it and is right by the EHT board. I put the new board in and omg the thing works :eek: The RED LED on the EHT board is gone. Only problem is it is out of focus. So I start adjusting the focus ring for center and sides. Nothing. Hmmm ok. I move the pj back 8 feet. This is still ridiculously out of focus. BTW this is with an svideo signal feeding it. So I go to the focus knobs on the and mess with those, Nothing still blurry like Mr magoo. So i get in front and put a mirror in front seeing if I can get a half as picture to look at. Then when I am adjusting the center focus ring. The thing goes black. I immediatly looked at the EHT board and the stupid RED LED is on again!!!! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT. It fried the part that Curt shipped me. I am really close on giving up. :( What would take out that part. Bad EHT board sending too much juice?? I dunno. hoo hum :( :( :(

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
It's possible that the quad is bad or the HV splitter is bad. Let me get my other scrap Barco 800's in this weekend and run the crap out of a couple of other quads and splitters and I'll send them.

When you're up and running for more than 5 minutes, send me back the old parts.. :p

Curt

·
Registered
291 Posts
Damn, he's good!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/Me bows to Curt :D Thank you. Much obliged as always

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status