AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was using my Denon today on some TriTrix speakers I've been building on since forever. Long story short, one of the speaker wires from the receiver neg on one of the front speaker channels touched the positive of the other channel causing the receiver to go into protection. Once I power cycled the receiver the channel that got touched didn't come back on. It seems like I'm going to have to ship this back to Denon for repairs however it's out of warranty, so my question is does anyone have a clue how much it usually cost to repair a blown channel in one of these amps? I've had this receiver since 2011 and I've barely used it. I think it has less than 10 hours of actual playing time on it. Also I think the video pass through is out on it, which was another reason why i wasn't using it as much.

·
Premium Member
91,764 Posts
You should be able to get an estimate from the repair facility, but more likely at least $200. Check Denon's website for any authorized repair shops in your local area which may even be able to provide a refurbished unit. Although the 2 year warranty has expired, if you purchased with a credit card, check with your card issuer as they may add an extra 3rd year for free (many Visa and MC issuers will do this and all AMEX will). Note if this does not apply to you, you would likely be much better served putting the money into a more current model that features networking (eg. E300).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts