AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so last night I may have been a little hasty in ordering the JVC soundbar. Now that I'm looking at my TV, Pioneer Elite 101FD, I think I may need a soundbar with HDMI as my TV, it's actually just a monitor, does not have any optical output and has no built in audio.

Can I just run HDMI to my TV from my PS3 and cable box for video and then run optical from both units directly to the soundbar? Or would I need to run HDMI to the sound bar, and then one HDMI to the TV? Is this basically the same thing? Ever since I found this TV I haven't been thinking right

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reading more posts I realize how stupid my initial question was/is.

Regardless, I decided that I might as well buy another soundbar system and have my own soundbar shoot off. As such, I just placed an order for a Sony CT350 to do battle with the JVC for the privilege of being mated with my new 101FD....stay tuned!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkim
After reading more posts I realize how stupid my initial question was/is.

Regardless, I decided that I might as well buy another soundbar system and have my own soundbar shoot off. As such, I just placed an order for a Sony CT350 to do battle with the JVC for the privilege of being mated with my new 101FD....stay tuned!
Hey Jakkim

I for one will be very interested to hear your opinions on the JVC vs the Sony 350,,,,, I had a Sony CT150 and now have the JVC but always wondered how the 350 would stack up against the JVC.

When you hook up the JVC make sure to set your PS3 to output "bitstream", thats were the JVC sounds the best,, as I recall the same goes for the Sony as well.

Also, if your not aware of this,, soundbars perform better when placed at ear level or above,,,,,,,,, and make sure to have lots of walls to reflect the sound off of,,, if you dont have reflecting walls just build some real quick before your shootout

Cheers

Davyo

Anyhow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.