AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the right forum. If not please move. But anyway.

I am going to put a tv/computer monitor (wall mounted) in the kitchen. It will NOT be a touchscreen. The computer is in the living room fed with a VGA cable. Using a mini keyboard/touchpad for input. This is actually going to be an Extended Desktop from the PC that is hooked to my big screen. The computer runs all the time.

What I am looking for is a piece of software, I think (and I'll tell you why im not sure in a second). I would like it to display widget type information. Almost how some ipads will display there information. Displaying the weather, calendar, to-do list, EMAIL, etc. Kind of like google has there igoogle home page displaying different gadgets. I did find some software but closer to a 300 dollar price range.

I was looking for any ideas to do this cheaply or no cost at all.

Im not even sure what to search for.

And i have no "automation" in my home. But possibly some surveillance cameras in a few months.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try the windows 7 gadgets. Neat. But there kind of small. I would like to be able to somewhat read them sitting 4-5' away. So the small gadgets will be a little hard. I also may buy a touchscreen monitor. I have no problem buying software. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know you can resize the gadgets between small and large, did you try that? If large wasn't large enough maybe there is a registry value you can change to up their size further (as is possible with image thumbnails).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts