AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It powers up. I hear the wheel spinning. Then 30 secs later turns off like it is rebooting. Similiar to a PC. Then it tries to start again and the cycle repeats. I never get any sort of picture. Eventually I wind up with no noise and the 3 front lights blinking. Anyone have any ideas before I call Samsung? Been looking for my manual for any information but have been unable to find anything. Figures I have a party Saturday evening too just when this thing decides to crap out.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alot of people reading the thread but no responces. I take it this is a rare problem? From reading some other posts there was mention of it being the lubricating oil. Eitherway looks like the set will require service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responce UMR, I searched a little more and found a thread regarding the same problem. Some people claim resetting the lamp helps. Others said it didn't help and they have been out 2+ weeks without a TV while awaiting parts such as a new ballast or digital board.

Eitherway I am not very happy for having spent so much money on this set only to have it crap out so soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was not a big fan of Samsung, at least not at the moment. I like Sony, Toshiba, Panny. Unfortunately, Samsung is the only company that provides the TV that has all my requirements. So, I decided to go with it. My wife still ask me "Are you sure?", she knows that I am the brandname and top of the line person. But not at the peak.. :) It was the most expensive TV I've ever bought. Sure enough, Sammy 617w die on me on second days. I am still believed that it's a defective unit. I also bought 5 years ext war for it just in case. But for the 2 days I had that TV, I really love it. PQ was outstanding. The new set will be replace this Sunday :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.