AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could just get another capture card instead of a cheap video processor, hopefully the quality would be better. I haven't used one since I upgraded to windows xp and it stopped working, a long time ago. Anyway.. I would mainly be using it for 480i content like my ps2 over s-video, preferrably fullscreened. Would it look good de-interlaced? My monitor is the 37" westinghouse, which looks bad on interlaced signals (it looks like they aren't even de-interlaced, and adds a ton of ghosting), so this should be an improvement. Any help on what capture cards to buy or what programs to use with them is appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm.. I don't know. I want quality, but not a high price. I'm not going to be using this very often, as I don't play my ps2 that much anymore, but I want to be able to without using an sdtv instead. A video processor would be easier, but are there any good, cheap ones with no delay?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I noticed the OP was talking about SDTV.

Don't they yet have good motion adaptive 3-2 pulldown sensing SDTV de-interlacing software for PC's? At least matching the venerable iScan Plus SIL501 processor?

How many megahertz PC would you need?

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Jayne /forum/post/0

I noticed the OP was talking about SDTV.

Don't they yet have good motion adaptive 3-2 pulldown sensing SDTV de-interlacing software for PC's? At least matching the venerable iScan Plus SIL501 processor?

How many megahertz PC would you need?

Yes. For example, DScaler can do 3-2 pulldown detection. But it can't do 2-2 on NTSC sources (only PAL), which will occur frequently in games. Also, the 3-2 inverse telecine does not have bad edit detection (except in one of the modes, but it's not very robust), and the video mode deinterlacing isn't as good as modern processors.

The VP50's deinterlacing looks better than any DScaler mode on most sources (not quite all).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.