AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the plunge tonight and ordered my TV. Before I tell you which one I picked out Im gonna tell ya about my adventure today. So after countless hours of research and help from alot of great people on here, I went to bestbuy to test out the models I limited it down too. The VT25 and the PN58C7000. So I checked out the VT25 first at HHGregg, after a change of batteries in the glasses...I was blown away! I thought...there is no way the other one can top this....Amazing! So I went over to bestbuy to try out the Samsung. I set down in there little 3D center and try the glasses on and started watching a movie. It was Gorgeous also, I couldnt tell much if ANY diffrence in the two (im sure a more experience person could) The only thing I notice was, I could see the glasses cutting on and off (I assume thats what it was doing?) I told the rep, she tried it out and seen the same thing. So grabbed me another pair....what can I say? Perfect! I set there watching the movie for around 30mins....I also tested out the GT25...Which seemed to lack the wow factor the other two had...Still a great picture....but didnt make me smile when I looked at it. So I went back home and crunched the numbers....and decided I can get the PN58C7000 MUCH cheaper. So, I placed my order tonight. I can not wait to get it in! As Soon as I do I will post pictures and what I think about it but from what I can tell from the BestBuy store, I should love it! Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hopefully, you were able to get the starter kit and free 3d player also. If not, bad deal IMO as most places offer this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BestBuy wanted 2300 + tax for the 50inch version. That is the package deal, Player, Kit + 360 (which I already have) Etc... I got the 58inch version, Player, Kit for 2,088. I think it was a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After much research and actual viewing, I decided on the 58VT25. Best Buy matched HHGreg on the price of the TV and 3D bundle package (3D starter kit and 3D Blu-ray player). In addition I got a $350 Geek Squad award and $250 for signing up to DirectTV which I had planned to anyway. The drive out price was $2999. I haven't been excited about a TV like I have with this Panasonic. It's freakin awesome.

Now I'm faced with replacing an old Onkyo A/V receiver with a new 5.1 based receiver (I really don't want to run 2 more speakers!!). I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on one so I'm looking at the Denon AVR-391 and the Onkyo SR308. I have the Bose Acoustimass 15 set of speakers which I do not plan to replace any time soon. Any recommendations out there? I'm also looking for any compatibility issues. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts