AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally found someone that had a Dish 6000 receiver with the old software who agreed to sell it to me at a great price. I then sold mine on eBay. Now, I have a couple of questions.

1. In the HDTV Setup section of the Menu, I am unable to

select "16x9" as the aspect ratio. It's the only

option there, yet it still won't let me select it.

Why? Is this just for future use? Is anyone else's

receiver like this? Or all they all like this? This

is probably a question for 6000 owners that still have

the old software. I can't remember how my previous

receiver acted. Wish I would have checked.

2. I now have the version 691PCNAD-N software back.

However, unlike my previous receiver with the old

software
, when I change to an HD channel,

the picture mode still reads "Stretch" (I keep it set

to "stretch" for SD viewing), instead of "Normal" like

it used to. But when I cycle thru the picture modes,

it seems to have no effect on the HD picture. So,

I guess it's in "Normal" mode, yes? Does anyone else's

act this way?

By the way, if you ever need a great deal on Dish Network equipment, contact AVS Forum member "Tex". He sold me the 6000 at a great price!

[This message has been edited by Patrick G (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Welcome to the world of how the old software works, sure glad I don't live in that world any longer.

------------------

-Glenn

"Obstacles are what you see when you lose sight of your goals"

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the old software version on my previous 6000 didn't work this way. When you switched to an HD channel, it actually displayed "Normal" mode. Now, it just acts as "Normal" mode, but displays "Stretch" (since that's what I leave it set to for SD viewing). Did yours behave this way?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Everything you describe is exactly how mine worked before the new software download. Would hate having to go back.
Which way? Upon tuning to an HD channel, yours displayed "Normal" mode or "Stretch" mode?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Welcome to the world of how the old software works, sure glad I don't live in that world any longer.
Quote:
Everything you describe is exactly how mine worked before the new software download. Would hate having to go back.
Yeah, it's a real pain in the ass now that the receiver is automatically switching to the correct picture mode for 1080i again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Patrick,

Before I got the new download, my DISH 6000 behaved exactly as yours does now. I would see "partial zoom" or "stretch" on the HD channels but with no real effect. I personally prefer the new system. I think however that it never automatically switched to "normal", it just never supported the other viewing ratios. When they added the new ratios, it just followed whatever you had for the previous channel whether it was HD or not. Now if I can get an answer as to why my FOX 2 channel in Detroit doesn't support "partial zoom" when all of the other digitals do, then I'll be happy.

I hope you enjoy the new box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.