AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the big revolutionary announcement? I waited until CEDIA (and held my breath the whole time). Then I heard "maybe in a week or so".

Boulet, Gouger, somebody spill the beans! Please!

I don't care if it's Laser, or cold fusion - I just can't stand waiting anymore. At christmas when I was young I would scour the house every chance I got to find the hidden christmas presents - I guess I'm just no good at waiting for surprises. :D

ps - reminds me of one of my favorite lines: "I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya."

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
why wait? there are fantastic options out there right NOW!

I bought Immersive Inc. Virtuoso and couldn't be any happier. I am glad I didn't wait.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
still waiting...

I was promised a 1080p, 1500lm, 5000:1 CR, PERFECT Projector for under $5k...

Where is it?

:)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
It figures. The usual advice on this board was always don't wait just buy now. Cedia next week? Doesn't matter buy something now. I heard alot of that advice last year, but waited through Cedia where I heard about a whole crop of better projectors.

And now that everyone's come around to - uh you might want to wait for Cedia before making any major purchase (always wise advice IMHO) it turns out that nothing that interesting is announced. Well, not quite true if you're in the HS20 and Z2 price range. But for those looking for the big breakthrough on DLP price/performance, it just wasn't there this time.

But it was STILL good advice..;)

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
dstroot,

Trust me when I say that I'm as dissapointed as anyone! Bottom line...some manufacturers who had hoped to unveil some cool new stuff weren't ready in time for the show. I'm sure that *they* are even more dissapointed that we are!

The stuff that was "worth waiting for" is still in the pipeline...but I have no information about when it's going to hit. And even if I *did*...clearly that's no gaurantee (after all...the manufacturers themselves had expected to deliver the goods at CEDIA which ended up not happening as had been planed).

Should people wait? Should they buy? Well, with such great HD2 performance coming out so affordably these days (BenQ!!) there are some serious items to temp the projector-needy. If I had the cash to spend...I might take the plunge *but* I wouldn't spend more than $6K. Why? Because spending top-dollar for a 10-12K PJ right now doesn't make sense to me given that in a year they could be *much* better performing machines at near or the same cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.