AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna buy a HD HDD player, but do not know which one is nice, please advice me!

I have done some search, found DVICO--TVX-HD, TOMACRO-LIMHD, and other suppliers, do you guys use these players, and suggestion?

my target price 200-250USD.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldenlima /forum/post/14333556

I wanna buy a HD HDD player, but do not know which one is nice, please advice me!

I have done some search, found DVICO--TVX-HD, TOMACRO-LIMHD, and other suppliers, do you guys use these players, and suggestion?

my target price 200-250USD.

I would strongly recommend that you cross Tomacro off your list. A quick browse of the Tomacro thread in this forum and you will understand.

It would help if you provided more details in regards to what you want your networked media player or media extender to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalkid2 /forum/post/14334072

I would strongly recommend that you cross Tomacro off your list. A quick browse of the Tomacro thread in this forum and you will understand.

It would help if you provided more details in regards to what you want your networked media player or media extender to do.

I need a player at 200-250USD, and can play MKV, MOV, WMV,ISO, TS, TP,etc,

Can support SATA HDD,

Small one is best, because I need take it with me for vacation.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The PoPCorn A-100 (uses internal disk for on the road) matches your needs / budget most. TViX is out of your (budget) league... Not many options left that work well... unless some other NMT's that cost above 200$.

eGreat is an option or maybe even the HDX-900, the iSTAR MINI... all the same except for minimal hardware differences and quality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Jack /forum/post/14341261

The PoPCorn A-100 (uses internal disk for on the road) matches your needs / budget most. TViX is out of your (budget) league... Not many options left that work well... unless some other NMT's that cost above 200$.

eGreat is an option or maybe even the HDX-900, the iSTAR MINI... all the same except for minimal hardware differences and quality.

Thanks for your recommend, I will consider your suggestion.

What's your opinion about Tomacro LimDH 310S? Because Tomacro sales contact me and recommend me this one. I heard you have tested it, how did it work?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a lim310s from Tomacro

Current FW version works very decent with H.264 files: MKV, TS, M2TS...

Some instant is better the M6500A, particular when force 25fps video clips to 1080/24 mode.

It boots faster than M6500A :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally I got a LimHD 310s, it works nice! But have some little problem. But was told will solve it soon.

And I got the latest FW version, pretty, support 7.1.

Till now I think it is good for me. But hope they can solve the little problem!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well ok, I timed it too though...
Maybe the firmware version (1.1.44 for me) makes a difference...? Plus I have a HD installed so don't know if that takes a bit more time also...

·
Registered
32 Posts
rndthought

Are your sure that we are talking the same thing?

Lim310s not lim210s

BTW the latest FW supports DTS-HD now, I had tested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a wonderful news.

Quote:

"...

Here is how it works with DTS-HD-MA

Audio Option:

- DPCM option - no sound

- Digital Encode - 5.1 or 7.1

a) 5.1 ON and HD = OFF audio will output audio via SPDIF or COAX (5.1)

b) 5.1 ON and HD = ON DTS-HD-MA will be out put via HDMI (7.1).

This is a great FW update."

·
Registered
3 Posts
you have too many choice for the hdd player with the function. i think

1 - 18 of 18 Posts