AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $140 to spend on a subwoofer this well mainly be for my computer and well be pairing with M-Audio AV-40's So far the only subwoofer i came across that was popular for good and bad reasons was the POLK AUDIO PSW10 Should i get this?? anything else you recommend in my budget??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 /forum/post/18199794


I have $140 to spend on a subwoofer this well mainly be for my computer and well be pairing with M-Audio AV-40's So far the only subwoofer i came across that was popular for good and bad reasons was the POLK AUDIO PSW10 Should i get this?? anything else you recommend in my budget??

Do you mean physically touch? That is about the only way you can get a sub for $140 that you can feel. There arent a whole lot of options for $140. Your best option is to save up for something better.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
Your best bet is the used market. Try your local craigslist or ebay. Because you are not going to find ANYTHING brand new that bumps for what you are talking about paying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
The only thing you'll feel for that price is something like Aura Bass Shakers. They can give a nice tactile effect, especially if you don't go nuts with the volume on them. There was a trade show setup once with small bookshelf speakers playing, and Shakers in the chairs-sounded like a subwoofer was connected somewhere. That would be my recommendation, until you can save up more money. Or, get lucky on Craigslist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
If you can find a sub for that cheap buy it and use it as your seat for your computer. You will feel it then. Back in the day Altec Lansing made a dual voice coil 10" sub they were bad ass. I still have mine.... awesome for a bedroom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
BIC America is a good entry level sub.... you should be happy with it since there isn't much else to compare in the price range. I would take that BIC over a Polk any day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater /forum/post/18201718


Seat shakers are your best option, or just save for a better sub.

No need to be mean. I could not spend more then 140 150 this is alot of money for me.



EDIT: What's a "better" sub? As long as that BIC can bang louder then my old Logitech Z-2300 speakers did then i well be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Ahhh he wasnt being mean. MK, is a straight shooter and is just honest. YES, that bic shall be light years ahead of your Logitechs. Theres probably not a better sub for the money, but theres 100's of better subs for more money. Everybody starts somewhere. I started with a $150 sub budget about a year ago and now ive built a few subs of my own and have exactly what ive been looking for. So needless to say start with it you can always upgrade in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18201837


Ahhh he wasnt being mean. MK, is a straight shooter and is just honest. YES, that bic shall be light years ahead of your Logitechs. Theres probably not a better sub for the money, but theres 100's of better subs for more money. Everybody starts somewhere. I started with a $150 sub budget about a year ago and now ive built a few subs of my own and have exactly what ive been looking for. So needless to say start with it you can always upgrade in the future.

Hey thanks for a comforting response. I think i well stick with buying the BIC, It being my first ever subwoofer is good starting point. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
No problem man. Were all here to help! I hope you enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,248 Posts
I was not being mean, or I was not trying to be. I started with KLH HTIB when I got started. I can tell you that I would rather have my aura bass shakers then that sub. The BIC is supposed to be OK, I never heard it myself. I would recommend shakers to anyone in an apartment that can not disturb neighbors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
Get a Sony SA-w3000 this will run you around $150. Perfect for you and I promise you'll feel it. Only thing is it's hard to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 /forum/post/18201813


No need to be mean. I could not spend more then 140 150 this is alot of money for me.



EDIT: What's a "better" sub? As long as that BIC can bang louder then my old Logitech Z-2300 speakers did then i well be happy.

Subs you can "feel" do cost more. No one said it is a bad sub or you HAVE to spend more but if you set the bar as high as you did in the topic header then what mk said is accurate.


I feel my subs insane but they also cost about 3k with amps ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 /forum/post/18208458


Get a Sony SA-w3000 this will run you around $150. Perfect for you and I promise you'll feel it. Only thing is it's hard to find.

Nothing in that Sony line will ever come close to anything BIC. Don't waste your money.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top