AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samsung has had my TV since 2/15. I've called and and gotten only empty promises for status and rude customer service. Anyone else have experience with their repair service? This is another power issue BTW. LN330a32jid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
samsung's not very well known for good customer service, actually quite the opposite


call them and ask for a manager, threaten to report them to your local government agency's and the BBB if they give you a hard time. this will usually get them to respond to you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotec /forum/post/18203783


Samsung has had my TV since 2/15. I've called and and gotten only empty promises for status and rude customer service. Anyone else have experience with their repair service? This is another power issue BTW. LN330a32jid.

Same thing happened to me, they kept my PC LCD for over 1 month, they were blaming the Service center in New Jersey, Finally I called the actual service center and found out Samsung had not authorized something then finally I called Samsung back and they did it in 1 day what had been waiting on 2 weeks.



Also you need to find out "when the clock starts ticking" for example they say it can take 7-14 days for the service center to process or evaluate your unit.


Once thats done, they get a new clock another 7-14 days to send you out another you.


Its cryptic, they have all kinds of loopholes and tricks to extend the time they have.


If they says its 7-14 days that means from the time they "authorize" it, to the time you recieve it, But it may take them 3 weeks to process the authorization.


They are very shady.


You can call Executive Customer Relations ECR at


(800) 522-7341 fancy name but they are nothing more than tier 1 reps with a fancy department title.


If you have a problem and need a Supervisor, they only way is to have one call you back in 48 hours (they are famous for never calling back)


Document names dates and times, once the Supervisor FAILS to call you back in 48 hours.


Call and have the case Escalated to CASE MANAGEMENT


these reps do call you back. And have much more authority and are well trained.


Or you can call directly


1 (888) 685-1358



But ECR will never give you the direct number to Case Management they are not allowed.



But the real dept, which makes the Ultimate decision is called ENR. And no one is allowed to speak to them.



In rare cases if no acceptable model can be found you can get a Refund using "in System Pricing" and get back a large portion of the value of your unit via check.


But that takes 14 weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
looks like ice cold summed up samsungs terrible customer service right there



samsung even actually has had legal action taken against them in new jersey i think it was and it was due to their poor warranty services
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotec /forum/post/18203783


Samsung has had my TV since 2/15. I've called and and gotten only empty promises for status and rude customer service. Anyone else have experience with their repair service? This is another power issue BTW. LN330a32jid.

Umm, it's only been 10 days since you sent it for repair. Not sure if you realize it or not, but you probably aren't the only person who has their set in for service.


Everyone wants everything right away. Hope you never buy a German car and have to wait for parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi /forum/post/18205285


Umm, it's only been 10 days since you sent it for repair. Not sure if you realize it or not, but you probably aren't the only person who has their set in for service.


Everyone wants everything right away. Hope you never buy a German car and have to wait for parts.

I can concur with the OP as to Samsung Customer Warranty Support and not just as a consumer. I'm an IT Manager and Purchasing Manager for a large Voice and Data Network and I made the mistake of purchasing Samsung LCD monitors for our Network and we've had a rash of failures and the support has been horrendous. My normal manufacturers like HP, Cisco, APC, Nortel, IBM, Planar we receive timely and professional RMA Support that generally is within 24-48 hours and on my Servers the same day if needed and YES the parts arrive that damn fast and to prove my point I had a failure on one of my servers last month and they had the part (RAID DRIVE) to my office in less than 3 hours - these big boys regionalize Network parts as the IT Industry understands what down time costs a business.


When I had Planars and HP Monitors and a faillure occurred (which was rare) I was shipped a new one to replace it and RMA'd the out of service Unit and I never had to dig through purchase archives to provide proof - they accepted per the Serial Number and we're a major account.


Samsung Support has been the opposite - we package and ship a monitor and we sent two failed units in and waited 2.5 weeks and they returned them in the same condition - they failed to repair them or replace them and shipped them back and then my Technicians had to get on the phone and start the friggin process all over again and I had to dig out the invoices again and go through the process again and so we were without those monitors for over a month and the time lost exceeded the friggin value of these monitors.


I realize Samsung has a big IT Unit in Asia but stateside they cannot compete with HP, Cisco, APC, IBM, Planar et al --- US Samsung Support to LCD Monitors simply sucks and there'll never be another Samsung product purchased for my Network as a result when I can get replacements from HP and Planar and others within 24-48 hours from professionals that aren't rude or make you go through the same crap repeatedly. I spend hundreds of thousands annually purchasing high tech equipment for my Network and I deal with first class manufacturers that survive because of what they DELIVER Timely/Courteous/Professional - both as a product and QUALITY and Samsung sucks when it comes to LCD Monitor Support compared to US Manufacturers that support Networks.


I have a Tech Lab that's in the millions and 15 years buying for and managing it to judge and there's a reason Samsung is not a player when it comes to IT Manufacturing and major Networks in North America - They can't handle it American know how in this area cannot be replicated by them since they can't pirate that part!


I actually filed a formal complaint against the regional support rep with my Major Account Rep and my Vendor offered to give us two new Monitors for free to make up for the B.S. treatment and make sure they don't lose our business.


Though I think Samsung TV's have a beautiful PQ after these experiences I would think twice before ever pulling my wallet out for one if I'm stuck with that crappy support where they turn your panels into unrepaired boomerangs and I wouldn't much like care for the same treatement if I spend $4k+ for a new panel - thankfully I've never even had to had a single support call on my Sony/Sharp TV's. OP --- Good Luck in your quest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Yeah I actually called the Service center to find out What exactly was broken on my unit on my property. And the Techs plainly said they did not have to tell me anything. They were not obligated to, they were frankly shocked I tracked down an actual phone number to them.


Its like your car in warranty but the dealership mechanic refuses to tell you whats broken or what part is being replaced on your car.


The techs at Samsung or the 3rd party they outsource to really got pissed when, I told them I had every right, I am the owner, its my legal property, that caught them off guard.


which is why I think they sabotaged it, and the process grinded to a halt. Until I began lighting a fire under Samsung, to directly call the service center.


Its much more complicated than I had summarized.


Its something like this


#1. Unit is recieved at service center (they log it in)

#2. service center recomnded repair, but parts would take too long.

#3. So its sent to Warehouse (must be logged in at warehouse)

#4. Samsung must give some type of Number or authorization to Warehouse

#5. Samsung suggests replacement unit

#6. ECR or Case Management calls you to offer you a Comprable unit, usually the Same unit you sent in only refurbished. Or a slight upgraded new model.

#7. Once you agree, and Order is placed.


I may have skipped a step or 2, they have unique lingo and terminology. I went through this process and would rather forget about it.


But at each Step, they get a new reset 7-14 day window.



In the end I waited exactly 35 days, and after 20 calls back and forth minimum. Not because it was necessary but because I did not want any more surpirses and to keep pressure on them


Finally my XL2370 arrived, Minus, Stand and Power Supply and cable, Because you are supposed to keep the original stand and power cord from your previous unit, which I did. But my previous unit was different from the XL2370 So the Stand and Power cord are different.


So here I have a refurbished XL2370, which I had been waiting 35 days for, But NO stand and No power cord.



Luckily my issue was escalated to Case Management by now, you call in no hold times and a person answers (nice) they immediately placed an order with


Global Parts in Cerritos, CA which handles all of Samsung accessories. Despite the mix up, it was not expedited, I had to wait, another 7 days.



Finally I turned on my replacement monitor after 42 Days, And it was defective, Flickering Backlight.


Luckily by now I had a new unit shipped via UPS 3 Day. To my local UPS store because, they do not send shipments to your door only to the UPS store. Where you turn in your Old unit, and the new one is then given to you.



Phew....I just keep my mouth shut because I got a heck of an upgrade. From a 22" CCFL 1680x1050, To a XL2370 LED 23" inch 1080p model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
damn they shoulda gave you a new TV to go along with it for all that hassle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18204383


Same thing happened to me, they kept my PC LCD for over 1 month, they were blaming the Service center in New Jersey, Finally I called the actual service center and found out Samsung had not authorized something then finally I called Samsung back and they did it in 1 day what had been waiting on 2 weeks.



Also you need to find out "when the clock starts ticking" for example they say it can take 7-14 days for the service center to process or evaluate your unit.


Once thats done, they get a new clock another 7-14 days to send you out another you.


Its cryptic, they have all kinds of loopholes and tricks to extend the time they have.


If they says its 7-14 days that means from the time they "authorize" it, to the time you recieve it, But it may take them 3 weeks to process the authorization.


They are very shady.


You can call Executive Customer Relations ECR at


(800) 522-7341 fancy name but they are nothing more than tier 1 reps with a fancy department title.


If you have a problem and need a Supervisor, they only way is to have one call you back in 48 hours (they are famous for never calling back)


Document names dates and times, once the Supervisor FAILS to call you back in 48 hours.


Call and have the case Escalated to CASE MANAGEMENT


these reps do call you back. And have much more authority and are well trained.


Or you can call directly


1 (888) 685-1358



But ECR will never give you the direct number to Case Management they are not allowed.



But the real dept, which makes the Ultimate decision is called ENR. And no one is allowed to speak to them.



In rare cases if no acceptable model can be found you can get a Refund using "in System Pricing" and get back a large portion of the value of your unit via check.


But that takes 14 weeks.


I called back and spoke to a Curwin ID#38 in case management. Now he says my TV was only covered for parts, not labor. Last week Ricardo told me that both parts and labor would be covered. Curwin now says he will cover both parts and labor only if the problem turns out to be a capacitor issue. I am glad I didn't buy the Vizio like I almost did. But, I will never, ever buy another Samsung product and let everybody else know who will listen to do the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
its unlikely its a capacitor, usually, a circuit or pcb main board.


I thought all HDTV's were covered for 1 year parts and labor. You better read your warranty again.


I would dispute Curwins assertion that you are not covered for parts and labor thats absurd.


I had a bad experience, but we will see who knows, I may buy Samsung again who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18211903


its unlikely its a capacitor, usually, a circuit or pcb main board.


I thought all HDTV's were covered for 1 year parts and labor. You better read your warranty again.


I would dispute Curwins assertion that you are not covered for parts and labor thats absurd.


I had a bad experience, but we will see who knows, I may buy Samsung again who knows.

Just got the following email from Samsung:

This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear


Thank you for your patience.


Your product has been repaired and was shipped on 03/03/2010.

Service Ticket Number: 4006xxxxxx

UPS Tracking Number: 1Z4Fxxxxxxx




Thank you very much,

Samsung Service Team

You think me threatening to go to the NJ Attorney General had anything to do with this when I last spoke with them? I was told they were waiting on a part just yesterday. They couldn't or wouldn't tell me what the part was. So I'm assuming it was a power supply board. Anyway hopefully it arrives in one piece and actually works and they didn't put the same crappy parts back into the set.


Good luck to everybody else out there that had this same problem. BTW, my TV was purchased over a year and a half ago
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotec /forum/post/18243284


Just got the following email from Samsung:

This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear


Thank you for your patience.


Your product has been repaired and was shipped on 03/03/2010.

Service Ticket Number: 4006xxxxxx

UPS Tracking Number: 1Z4Fxxxxxxx




Thank you very much,

Samsung Service Team

You think me threatening to go to the NJ Attorney General had anything to do with this when I last spoke with them? I was told they were waiting on a part just yesterday. They couldn't or wouldn't tell me what the part was. So I'm assuming it was a power supply board. Anyway hopefully it arrives in one piece and actually works and they didn't put the same crappy parts back into the set.


Good luck to everybody else out there that had this same problem. BTW, my TV was purchased over a year and a half ago
.

Make sure its YOUR TV because Samsung is known for saying that, but instead send you out a refurbished exact model.


Which would be Ok, unfortunately Samsung's Panels lottery comes into play.


For example if you send in an great "S" Panel but Samsung sends you back a AU OPtronics "A" Panel then your problems just got waay more complicated.


Contacting the NJ State Attorney was a nice touch Hasn't Samsung been sued already?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18243665


Make sure its YOUR TV because Samsung is known for saying that, but instead send you out a refurbished exact model.


Which would be Ok, unfortunately Samsung's Panels lottery comes into play.


For example if you send in an great "S" Panel but Samsung sends you back a AU OPtronics "A" Panel then your problems just got waay more complicated.


Contacting the NJ State Attorney was a nice touch Hasn't Samsung been sued already?


I got my serial# so I'll watch out for that. Too bad they don't upgrade them for better models for all of the troubles they are causing folks. I do believe there is a class action suit for people who had to pay to get their TVs fixed. No sure of the details though. My TV is scheduled to be delivered 3/5. So I won't relax until I get it out of the box and turn it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my TV was delivered today and it works perfectly. Even though I had to pull a Mcgyver to hook the base back to the set because Samsung didn't send back all of my hardware. Anybody know where I can find the hardware that the screws connect to for the base? Its round with four screw holes. My set is model# LN32a330jid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
I hope I don't ever have to have my Samsung serviced. LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
happy to hear you got your TV back and its working good,


sucks they shafted you on the stand you should call and complain to them until you get a replacement from them, otherwise try seaching the net or ebay you should be able to find one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, so far no luck in finding the hardware for the bottom of the stand. I'll probably have to pay some visits to some TV repair shops.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top