AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SInce its a Warner property, any chances we will get the season 1 HD-DVD of Supernatural? This would be an excellent tv series for Warner to release next. I know it may not have as many viewers as Smallville but worth a try.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not great, but good enough for the CW. On any other network, it would've been cancelled within 6 episodes with the ratings it gets. Then again, so would every other show on the CW. I'll always be grateful for low expectations on the "other" network - without them, we would never have had 7 seasons of Buffy, 5 of Angel, and 3 of Veronica Mars.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0

is it my cable company or is this series was recorded super dark? All my TVs are ISF calibrated but to comfortably watch this show I always have to bump the brightness and contrast by a LOT.

Yeah the show is really dark and the picture has that washed out too much contrast look which gives it a certain feel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Count me in.

If the WB does decide to release it on HD, hopefully they'll start with Season 1.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF /forum/post/0

I'll always be grateful for low expectations on the "other" network - without them, we would never have had 7 seasons of Buffy, 5 of Angel, and 3 of Veronica Mars.

I'd like to see all three of those shows eventually on HD also.

Early Buffy seasons are in desperate need of a remaster though.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
It's broadcast in 1080 on my CW and it's great. Makes my Thursday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I too second this. I absolutely love this show. So here is to hoping that it will come to HD DVD, especially since my local comcast cable doesn't carry the CW in HD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.