AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a Samsung HLP-4674, but it has the 4 year service plan on it from Best Buy, so if something were to go wrong with my TV ;) that couldn't be fixed then I could trade up to the KDF-E42A10, even though it's smaller I think it would be a better fit cause my bedroom is only 9x12 feet and i'm only about 7 feet from the TV. And SD on this set is just terrible. If anyone has any SERIOUS ideas of what I might be able to do, please let me know. I'm not sure what the policy is on posting this kind of information so if it can't be posted here you can send me an email to [email protected]

Also I read over the manual but it didn't go into too much detail about the PC hookup. Does anyone know if it supports PiP and also how it resolves overscan?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdj
...even though it's smaller I think it would be a better fit cause my bedroom is only 9x12 feet and i'm only about 7 feet from the TV.
Walking right past the question about "failure" of your current set...I've seen the 42A10 in a number of locations now, and in my opinion 7 feet is too close for this set (the pixel structure is too obvious). It's even worse for SD signals. Other folks might feel differently.

As to the PC input, I'd advise digging through the A10 thread. It's grown into something of a beast, but enough folks have posted their PC experiences there that I think it's worth it for you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think 7 feet is too close for this TV also. Just my opinion. I think If I was sitting that close I would get a 34" 16x9 CRT directview.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.