AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a new home and will be building a dedicated theater room for my Projector setup I have now. Currently I am running a Pioneer VSX-1021. I have been happy with it for the most part but I am wondering if it is worth upgrading. Hopefully you guys can help me out. The only complaint I really have about the Pioneer is I cannot get the audio and video to sync perfect. There is a slight delay. And also wish sound quality was a bit better.

My setup consists of

Pioneer VSX-1021

All Energey Speakers

Energy RC-70 Fronts(2)

Energy RCLCR Center

Energy V-S surrounds (2) will be adding 2 more

Epik Empire 15" Subs

What I am looking for in the receiver

$500-$1000 price range

Atleast 7.1 with a second zone so I can connect outdoor speakers

Something with a good audio delay adjustment

Adjustable Equalizer

Auto setup similar to the MCACC that the Pioneer has

4 HDMI inputs

Something that may enhance sound quality if that is even possible over the Pioneer

So what are your guys thoughts. For the setup I have, is it even worth upgrading? Upgrading the speaker setup right now is not going to be in the budget so those will have to stay for now.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced46  /t/1520039/i-want-to-upgrade-from-my-pioneer-vsx-1021-have-a-1k-budget#post_24414163

I am in the process of buying a new home and will be building a dedicated theater room for my Projector setup I have now. Currently I am running a Pioneer VSX-1021. I have been happy with it for the most part but I am wondering if it is worth upgrading. Hopefully you guys can help me out. The only complaint I really have about the Pioneer is I cannot get the audio and video to sync perfect. There is a slight delay. And also wish sound quality was a bit better.

My setup consists of

Pioneer VSX-1021

All Energey Speakers

Energy RC-70 Fronts(2)

Energy RCLCR Center

Energy V-S surrounds (2) will be adding 2 more

Epik Empire 15" Subs

What I am looking for in the receiver

$500-$1000 price range

Atleast 7.1 with a second zone so I can connect outdoor speakers

Something with a good audio delay adjustment

Adjustable Equalizer

Auto setup similar to the MCACC that the Pioneer has

4 HDMI inputs

Something that may enhance sound quality if that is even possible over the Pioneer

So what are your guys thoughts. For the setup I have, is it even worth upgrading? Upgrading the speaker setup right now is not going to be in the budget so those will have to stay for now.

Thanks
This has everything you need. Except subwoofer eq. I don't miss it. Yamaha 7065 for under $500.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-7065-channel-receiver/dp/B00AZE78KQ

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that looks like a nice unit. I will have to look into it. Would you think it would be even worth the upgrade to go to that Yamaha from what I have now?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Guess you are stuck with me. For $500 buy the receiver I linked. For $1000 you have to phone the sales department

of this avsforum website and ask for the Denon X4000. It goes for $1,300 if you don't call. It has more more power and

has room correction software (audyssey xt32) that flattens out the bass response. The same priced Yamaha (A1030) doesn't.

They sell that brand/model too. In between those price points too many options and more importantly, no good deals right now.

The good deals on 2012 product is sold out and the 2014 stuff isn't out yet. So no good discounts on midpriced 2013 units.

There are a few crappy products, but the good stuff is so equal. Nothing really stands out. Pioneer is decent, but it doesn't stand

out from the crowd in any way. I own and operate several brands. I study most of the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts