AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to watch what is available through my internet browser on my TV display

I have a Marantz AV-8003 networking AV pre-amplifier, OPPO 103 Blu-ray player, Dell Inspiron desk top computer.

They are all interconnected via ethernet cable and hard wired to my ISP router via an internet powered switch.

I am using the OPPO as a network server for video and HD audio.

I am using the Marantz as a music server for whole home audio playback via its network server.

QUESTION;

How can I access the browser within the desktop computer to display video content from the internet.

I realize can access U tube from via the OPPO and it works well but is limited in scope.

Is there a way to access what is available through the internet browser using the components I currently have?

I understand that I would require a method of control by way of smart phone tablet etc,

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does your computer have HDMI output? if so then plug the HDMI output of the computer using a cable into the HDMI input of your TV or Marantz 8003 and the you can control it with Mobile Mouse http://mobilemouse.com/

Then when you want to watch something from the computer you simply switch to the input on your Marantz that you plugged the computer output into.

Good luck and hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
another option is the chromecast. I use it just for that prupose. if you make a video fullscreen in chrome it will broadcast it just fine.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my computer does not have a HDMI output and I do not think the Marantz has a usb input but the OPPO does.

I will check out the chrome cast option but is that wireless?

I would prefer a wired option.

Thank you for the mouse suggestions as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts