1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Clean looking. Impossible to nail down a price. A rough ballpark range of a slightly higher hour projector might go in the $1200-$1500 range. Higher hours might find a 450X in the $750 range. Brand new tubed with warranty and support can go for as much as $4K-5K.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is in brand new condition. Original tubes with 25-30 actual hours, only used it since Friday. I am very tempted to sell it and buy a 6 speed transmission for my Trans Am that I am building.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think it might be completely worthless... I'll take it off your hands for just the cost of shipping. :D Actually, everything OZ said is pretty much spot on, so you should have no difficulty in getting that tranny. In fact, even with no warranty, you should be able to get a pretty easy $2 - $2500 out of it if you can verify that it really is essentially new condition.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the best way to verify extremely low hours? I believe that this unit does not have an hours meter like the 8000 series.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You can't. There is no hour meter. What's the date of manufacture? Also, dust collects on teh HV leads to the tubes...how do they look? Of course, anything can be cleaned, but the tubes, the overall appearance of the case, the DOM should all help.

Also, do you know the histiry of the unit? You've only used it since Firday, but what about a prior owner?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Date of Manufacture is March 1996. It was in a warehouse for the last 5 years. Prior owner was the government. When we got it, we removed the tag that is over the power plug recepticle. There is no dust on the fans or inside, case is in mint condition. Remote was in it's box, batteries were still sealed in thier plastic. Unit is brand new, looks like it just came out of it's box.

If anyone here want's it, make a decent offer and it's yours.

http://personal.picusnet.com/lino/ta_stats.jpg

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You ever run that T/A on the quarter with the 350 in it? I've got a '92 coupe stang that I bought brand new in '92. It's mildly modded with heads, intake and a mild cam. She's gone 12.61 @ 109 in the quarter with the stock bottomed ended little old 302...Check out the pic of my 5500 RPM launch pulling the wheels..(only an inch or two....but still) =) I just thought I'd bring it up, you know Ford vs. Chevy.... =)

I like the Girls section on your web page...Sweet!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, haven't run the car with that 350 yet. The motor is still in the garage, waiting on my LT4 Heads and Intake to come in.

Best I've gotten out of the old 305 was a 14.74 @93mph.

You car is pretty sweet, a friend of mine has one that looks just like yours but is white with a Kenny Bell Supercharger on it.

Ah, everyone likes that girl page. There would be more there if my car wasn't down so much.

Here is a video of me and some friends of mine just playing around on the streets,
http://www.donpagevideo.com/video/hardknock_hq.wmv

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Nice video....nice cars and nice girls. ;) I got a really good laugh out of the guy kicking the front of his Camaro...:D

Take it easy,

Brad :cool:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
One other question I forgot to ask you. What kind of tranny are you looking at? A Tremec T-56? I dropped a Tremec 3550 in my car and its pretty nice so far. I don't know why guys compare the shifting of the Tremecs to a truck tranny (long throw and notchy...) Mine shifts real smooth and I hardly notice a difference in the throw compared to my old Borg Warner T5...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks,

I am looking at a Borg Warner T56. I am going to need the entire assembly.

I just sold my T5 setup since it isn't strong enough to hold up to the 350 LT4 motor that I have. Richmond is another option, but they are rather pricey, about $3K for the tranny alone.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Quote:
If anyone here want's it, make a decent offer and it's yours.
the projector, the cars, or the girsl? :D Three of my favorite things. I like the fire belch through the TPI! Been there, done that...I've got a '79 Z that I did the TPI thing on...I'm like you...always down...never satisified with anythign. I sold the TPI and run twin 4's on it now...never taken it to the track, but one day when I have all the bugs worked out I might. It pulls really hard...some friends swear I pull the front wheels, but I just don't know about that...A '79 Z has an awful long (and heavy!) nose on it...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Alright guys!

Y'all keep talking about hot rods on the CRT forum and I'll have to drag my Mopar Big Block 440 out and give you all a serious spanking. Hey, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely... I can't be bothered with those little dinky engines with those little dinky cylinder bores.:D:D:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, everything has a price. :)

Nice Dodge, really sweet.

More comments when I get back, gotta run out for sec.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Well Mr. Bond,

That there orange sheetmetal sure would look durn good wrapped around my 440 (actually, about a 445 - bored out 30 over). Although, I'll forgive you the shorted cubic inches since its a Mopar and all...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.