AVS Forum banner

I was Wrong...

10K views 76 replies 59 participants last post by  Sketcha 
#1 ·
Well I felt the need to post this. I had previously posted in a thread or two that I felt the last Warner title would be Twister on 5/6 and that they'd only be releasing previously announced titles. I found out this morning was obviously wrong as I am Legend is coming in April so I felt like correcting myself and manning up to being wrong.

Can't wait for legend; I enjoyed the flick and hope y'all did too

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSTI /forum/post/12831438

Well I felt the need to post this. I had previously posted in a thread or two that I felt the last Warner title would be Twister on 5/6 and that they'd only be releasing previously announced titles. I found out this morning was obviously wrong as I am Legend is coming in April so I felt like correcting myself and manning up to being wrong.

wow..really?

#6 ·
I will be buying I Am Legend on HD DVD.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush /forum/post/12831903

FWIW, I think stopping support of HD DVD was enough, the delay is just adding insult to injury.

You do get the movie, but the wait is too much imho.

Wouldn't that be the purpose?

Also, Warner did not announce new street dates all at once, but are spreading it out. So they can keep mentioning that they will drop HD DVD.

The one thing I can't understand is why Toshiba is now making this push without any active support (such as new titles) from the studios. If the silence continues, the whole effect of the price cut will soon melt away. Already the HD DVD players and HD DVD titles are dropping again in the Amazon rankings.

#11 ·

Quote:

Nice, but do you really need a new thread for that? If everyone started a thread every time they had been wrong, it would be quite a forum!

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nescio /forum/post/12832149

Nice, but do you really need a new thread for that? If everyone started a thread every time they had been wrong, it would be quite a forum!

Probably not but its not very often someone on either side admits it when they are incorrect. I thought maybe I'd start a trend and show that we can be all be graceful when incorrect too instead of the fighting and name calling thats been permeating this forum lately.

I'll be getting the Blu-ray by the way cause that's what I've got

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSTI /forum/post/12832356

Probably not but its not very often someone on either side admits it when they are incorrect. I thought maybe I'd start a trend and show that we can be all be graceful when incorrect too instead of the fighting and name calling thats been permeating this forum lately.

I'll be getting the Blu-ray by the way cause that's what I've got

That's a good point.

#16 ·

Quote:

If everyone could own up the way you did, this would be a much better place.

Nice work!

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush /forum/post/12831903

FWIW, I think stopping support of HD DVD was enough, the delay is just adding insult to injury.

You do get the movie, but the wait is too much imho.

They could have pulled a Paramount and canceled titles less than a week before they were supposed to street. But I do agree that it does seem like adding insult to injury to HDDVD fans.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitman /forum/post/12836718

cool.. thanks for the info.. as for people that are "purple" you be buyin this in blu also!

For me yes. From here on out I will do my best to get us down to one format for the good of HDM. I will also buy few if any (hold off for BD versions) Paramount/Universal HD DVD's now to help lead them to the watering hole. Had Warner/Fox went HD DVD I would be saying the same the other way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.