AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go get a HDTV set. I know a need to make sure it has a few things, but what else am I missing http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

16:9

Good Viewing Area

Component in (at least 2 sets)

SVideo In (For the normal stuff)

Scale for 4:3 images

Good filter and color

Missing anything? Any ideas for sets under $3000 with all this (Must be at least a 53" projection)

(Not MSRP... I know the Hitachi 61" 16:9 is $5k retail, but it goes for more like $3100) I would just get that set but someone said I needed a special conector for PVR's?

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen this set for 2k at Sears... Is the image on the set as good as the hitachi? I have seen nothing (Without paying 15k that comes close to the hatachi's) But I can not sit the 2 sets next to each other to really tell

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
65H80 anyone think anything of it... Crazy Eddies has is for $2600, Tsohiba lists for $5500... Seems like a nice set. But I have never seen one around

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
215 Posts
Panasonic just showed a nice RP for under $2000 at CES. Should be out soon... check with Panny if you are interested. It was considered the "Price Buster".

·
Registered
466 Posts
I not for sure but doesn’t the Hitachi’s have a problem doing progressive scan DVD’s?

------------------

Marque Dailey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.