AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed, I didn't see it at a quick glance.

It seems to me that the new ReplayTV is spot on in so many areas, yet they didn't include dual tuners. That's my biggest complaint with my Showstopper 2000.

????

btw - is Panasonic going to debut new Showstoppers? or are they bagging ReplayTV?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyHarris
Sorry if this has been discussed, I didn't see it at a quick glance.
:D I guess that's why they needed to switch servers. A quick SEARCH would have shown a lot of threads on this subject.
Quote:
It seems to me that the new ReplayTV is spot on in so many areas, yet they didn't include dual tuners. That's my biggest complaint with my Showstopper 2000.
Dual tuners requires two units, any way you slice it, unless the incoming signal is already digital (as in a DVR / Satellite receiver combo). Period. Everything that IS a Replay, the encoder, decoder, tuner, etc., would need to be duplicated to record two non-digital (OTA, cable, satellite, etc) signals. The easiest way to accomplish this is with two units.
Quote:
btw - is Panasonic going to debut new Showstoppers? or are they bagging ReplayTV?
The Replay 4000 was just introduced a few weeks ago, Panasonic's future with this line is unknown, but I'd bet they'll also produce their version of the 4000.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much Randy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.