AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am currently looking at the HTS71. The forum isn't letting me post a link but if you search Frys site for HTS71 it'll pop up.

It sounded nice at the store, it's $1158 + tax after my discount. I don't see many mention Polk Audio as a high choice for speakers so I held off for now. The receiver is the Onkyo 604.

Would it be better to build my own system up? I know I want the Onkyo 604 receiver because it seems the best for the money. Also, the HSU VTF-2 series seems the recommendation most make. If I build my own, I can't decide on floor standing speakers of just book shelf speakers. I will probably go with a 2.1 system first and add more to my system later.

Any opinions and recommendations on speakers or a different setup is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Paradigm...

4 mini monitors v5 and a cc-290 plus some decent stands $1200

onkyo 604 $325

thats what i did with a different receiver. im very happy

peacins

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart122580 /forum/post/0

I'am currently looking at the HTS71. The forum isn't letting me post a link but if you search Frys site for HTS71 it'll pop up.

It sounded nice at the store, it's $1158 + tax after my discount. I don't see many mention Polk Audio as a high choice for speakers so I held off for now. The receiver is the Onkyo 604.

Would it be better to build my own system up? I know I want the Onkyo 604 receiver because it seems the best for the money. Also, the HSU VTF-2 series seems the recommendation most make. If I build my own, I can't decide on floor standing speakers of just book shelf speakers. I will probably go with a 2.1 system first and add more to my system later.

Any opinions and recommendations on speakers or a different setup is greatly appreciated.

I have never auditioned that Polk system. I have Polk speakers (LSi's) and really like them. But I'd have to say I think you could find better for about the same money.

Take a look at this system from SVS. Comes complete with a killer sub. You can then pick up a inexpensive receiver.

I have auditioned this system and highly recommend it.

http://www.svsound.com/products-sys-sbs_black.cfm

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:

also you can put together systems from these highly respected companies.

www.********** x-series

www.hsuresearch.com Enthusiast 1, 2

www.ascendacoustics.com

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions! I hope I can find some of those in the store to demo.

Those are Internet Only companies. They have return policies if your unhappy with them. You will have no problem if you don't like what you hear.

But I would bet you'd be blown away by the SVS system compared to the Polk system.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:

I see, I'm just going to take a gamble with SVS then.

Should I mix and match that SVS? What's thoughts on the PB10-NSD vs. NTF-2 MK3?

I would stick with the SVS sub. You can get other SVS subs with the speakers, but I would still stick with an SVS sub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.