AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to propose a Boycott : I am serious

815 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  thebland 
#1 ·
I would like to start a national boycott

a) All new releases in theater for two years.

b) Purchase of any entertainment on digital medium for the said two years.

Two goals

a) Repeal of the laws which are under the the Digital Millenium Act ( DMCA). And create more consumer friendly laws.

b) Change laws to basically state that when a medium is paid for. Ownership is transfered to the purchaser for personal copy to any medium the purchasers own.

c) Stop needless prosecution of individuals who find flaws in any security systems and report them .

d) Repeal the new patent laws and go back to 20 years. Then its free domain use after the 20 years.

I don't care if this will stop or financially ruin Hollywood, they dont produce that much quality films any more anyway.

For once, how about them returning our money when they master a DVD incorrectly.

Lets start taking the country and our entertainment back.

By the way, Once we effectively deal with the RIAA we will then turn our sites on other industries.

I have personally started this (Darn I guess I will have to read LOTR and miss the movie).

clopez

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay,

Did some research on bills in the senate and there was one proposed on Oct 2nd to try and balance the fair use of material purchased.

So in terms of being more realistic.

How about we vote on a sudio that we will boycott. We then boycott them until they are financial ruined. We send a message to the RIAA on who the next target will be. We continue the process until we reclaim our rigths.

If anyone have any better ideas please post them. I am doing this because I am tired of us belly-aching about the issues and doing nothing.

clopez

#7 ·
After the final episodes of LOTR, Star Wars, THe MAtrix and Termi

nator series.......

Let's face it, they got us hooked by the short hairs.

JEff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.