AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have dish 622 and do not have *at the moment* a hookup to get my cable modem close to the receiver. Is it easiest to just have one put in or is there another way other than electric wiring to do it. will a wireless modem work in any way.. also,, do you like your slingbox? Seems like such a good idea for watching on my blackberry bold or laptop.. thanks in advance

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Ideally you'd want to hook it into your home network via ethernet. That would require having a router with your cable modem and running a Cat6 line from the modem location to your TV. If that's not feasible, you can try using a wireless router at the cable modem and a wireless bridge at the location of your TV, you'd need to make sure the wireless connection can support the speeds needed to stream HD resolutions from the Slingbox though. You may want to check the Slingbox forums to see what others are doing to hook these up.

http://www.slingcommunity.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.