AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Definitely. Lots of great movies -- some of the best animated movies ever made, if you ask me (better than disney's own stuff, imo).

Not sure how important HD to them is, but I wouldn't mind picking them up... never got around to grabbing the ones I like on DVD, sadly, and now it's hard for me to justify DVD purchases.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'll certainly be first in line for Spirited Away, I've had the opportunity to get the DVD for $6 but I'm holding out for the BD version. While I own monoke, I didn't enjoy it that much and really, I'd only consider SA and Howl's moving castle on BD and even then SA is miles better

·
Registered
790 Posts
If the Ghibli collection is released in Japan first, you could always import them. To my knowledge, all of the Japan-release Ghibli animated features on SD DVD have included English subtitles (all of the ones I own have them), so I have no reason to believe that the HD equivalent would be any different. Although Ghibli's domestic releases in Japan aren't distributed by Disney, I would be very surprised if they didn't come out on Blu-ray given BD's market share here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.