AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,465 Posts
just go with the cheapest one..you wont be using that software for calibrating your tv anyways..also it might be just cheaper going to www.spectracal.com and buying it from them to calibrate your tv. Unless you really want the software for i1pro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlo /forum/post/19628373


just go with the cheapest one..you wont be using that software for calibrating your tv anyways..also it might be just cheaper going to www.spectracal.com and buying it from them to calibrate your tv. Unless you really want the software for i1pro

Well, I would also like to be able to do ICC profiles, since I have an HTPC.


Thanks for answering
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcius /forum/post/19628611


Well, I would also like to be able to do ICC profiles, since I have an HTPC.


Thanks for answering

ICC profiles aren't useful for HTPCs.


ICC profiles are only used in color managed apps like photoshop and illustrator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/19629478


ICC profiles aren't useful for HTPCs.


ICC profiles are only used in color managed apps like photoshop and illustrator.

I use the MPC-HC player wich has a color management feature.


If I buy the i1 Basic now, will I be able to get the i1 Profiler software at a later stage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Based on prior X-rite releases, it looks like the i1 Basic Pro (EOBAS and EOBASUV) is probably the new entry-level product. If the new software offers anything you want that isn't included in i1Match, I'd say you might as well buy the newer product. You would know the i1 Pro is brand new, and ColorHQ is probably only about $100 more than the lowest prices I remember when I was looking. Apparently there is an i1Publish product, but it seems to include more than the i1 Basic Pro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality /forum/post/19630635


Based on prior X-rite releases, it looks like the i1 Basic Pro (EOBAS and EOBASUV) is probably the new entry-level product. If the new software offers anything you want that isn't included in i1Match, I'd say you might as well buy the newer product. You would know the i1 Pro is brand new, and ColorHQ is probably only about $100 more than the lowest prices I remember when I was looking. Apparently there is an i1Publish product, but it seems to include more than the i1 Basic Pro.

Yeah, the only difference between i1 Basic and i1 Basic PRO seems to be the new i1 Profiler software, wich is a rehaul of i1 Match.


I'm wondering if i1 Profiler will be available for download at a later stage for those who already own an i1. I'm going to contact X-Rite.


Obviously the i1 Basic Pro would be the smart choice, but I've been told that I have to wait till the end of January to get one. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
I just noticed the same bundles.


With a JVC RS50 on order and a Pioneer Elite 141 plasma I’ve never calibrated, I have just started looking at options such as ChromaPure to help me get started with video display calibration.


As a Photographer, the color workflow software is probably more important to me than the Video calibration software so I’m starting to sell myself on investing in an i1 Pro spectrophotometer in addition to a i1 Display 2 I already own.


I was looking at i1 Basic or i1 Extreme but also heard x-rite is about to release i1 Basic Pro and i1 Photo Pro. I’ll contact x-rite and ask but are i1 basic Pro and i1 Photo Pro the direct replacements for i1 Basic and i1 Extreme?


It seems if I purchase i1 basic or i1 Extreme today I would get a free upgrade to X-Rite i1 Profiler software. What would I miss out on by taking the upgrade route vs. waiting and getting the i1 Photo Pro?


I regularly calibrate my desktop and laptop today with an NEC OEM, Wide-Gamut i1 Display 2 with the Spectraview II software that came with my MultiSync LCD 2690 WUXi2 and eye-one match on my MacBook Pro.


As a Photographer, I like the idea of adding calibration for my entire workflow; from my Nikon DS3’s, to my MacBook Pro laptop, to my desktop LCD2690WUXI2, and finally to my Epson Stylus Pro 4880 printer.


As a bonus I can enjoy a calibrated plasma and projector if I spend the time to learn how.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHolland
It seems if I purchase i1 basic or i1 Extreme today I would get a free upgrade to X-Rite i1 Profiler software.
I saw the item mentioned here for the Extreme version, but I did not see any similar statement about the Basic model. I couldn't find anything from X-rite to indicate if the new software might be available to previous versions that used the i1Match software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluringreality /forum/post/19637193


I saw the item mentioned here for the Extreme version, but I did not see any similar statement about the Basic model. I couldn't find anything from X-rite to indicate if the new software might be available to previous versions that used the i1Match software.

It would be nice to contact X-Rite and find out. I've emailed them but they don't seem to answer.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top