AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys , i own a PG35VQ , an HDR 1000 FALD monitor and just got a i1DISPLAY PRO PLUS calorimeter as its marketed for HDR calibration but i really cant figure out where are the hdr calibration settings in the i1Profiler SOFTWARE.

I tried to calibrate the display on SDR , FALD off and wide gamut on for BT 1886 as it minimizes black clipping , the result is amazing on SDR but once i enable HDR via windows the color profile resets. Except if i use a third party program like CPKeeper.

But in the end of the day this seems wrong , this calorimeter is supposed to read HDR peak Brightness values while still be able to read falds and oleds deep black values.

Am i missing something here? Is there a way to calibrate my monitor for HDR?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I don't believe Profiler can do HDR at all. HDR isn't a "thing" for computers except for gaming, and HDR in still photography is a whole different animal from HDR video. XRite's primary market for this equipment is for digital photography and desktop publishing, neither of which use HDR video settings. You'll probably need different software such as madVR and DisplayCal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hdr is perfect for movies and gaming for pc , i unistalled the iprofiler as it had its issues and installed the displaycal.

But its a mess , i get different color temperature readings and rgb values with fald off vs fald on vs hdr , so it seems that i just have to calibrate the display as it is.

My main issue is that the monitor has in both sdr and hdr a bit greenish tint and in hdr the dark shades of grey seems too bright , in some games the calibration slider is not even enough to achieve the proper "barely visible" mark , resulting to washed out picture.

The main issue with the green tint and weaker gamma can be fixed by calibrating the tone curve but if i calibrate in SDR FALD OFF for gamma 2.2 then in HDR i get black clipping in movies.

What tone curve should i choose for HDR calibration? Should try to calibrate on HDR mode on in windows or just SDR (fald on or off) ?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Here's the main thread for ArgyllCMS and displaycal. You may want to post your questions there:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts