AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my i1D2 to calibrate my panny plasma, but have recently had access to an i1pro.. I decided to compare the 2 devices on my set and found quite a discrepancy between the 2 unit's readings.. the units were just used to calibrate grayscale since I do not have color controls on the panny..

What I found was that the i1pro would read red quite a bit higher than the i1d2.. I had to lower my R drv/cut quite a bit in order to get it even with the B and G levels...

Now, this i1pro I was using had the UV-Cut filter option on it. Could this be the reason I am seeing such a dramatic change in the Red values? Or is my i1d2 reading red wrong? (I have tried 3 different i1pro's.. all of them had uv-cut, all of them read the same)...

the i1pro's all came with the software to calibrate monitors, and according to x-rite, the uv-cut filter should not effect the use of the software to calibrate computer monitors.. Does this not hold true when using it to calibrate my plasma?

In the end, I'm just trying to figure out which readings I should go with and determine if my i1d2 is reading wrong..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
There are several threads that compare the performance of various meters, including one for the i1pro vs the D2. Try the search feature, they should be fairly easy to find.

Regards,

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisyng /forum/post/17013367

(I have tried 3 different i1pro's.. all of them had uv-cut, all of them read the same)...

I think you answered your own question.

I never point blank trust the meter regardless of what it is. I always, always, always check it visually. Your eyeball is the final authority in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.