AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale a htpc I built last year but rarely use it. I originally saw this concept online somewhere and wanted to see if I could replicate it. Nintendo Nes was a huge part of my childhood so it seemed pretty cool to try and build it.

I built it to be used as a portable kodi/HDHomerun box as a front end backed by emby on my nas. It actually works great considering its built in such a small enclosure. There is a 350 watt server Psu which took up a lot of space in there but worked out really well (I have not heard fan turn on yet as PC has not been pushed enough for it to kick on). I'm selling it because I rarely use it and could use the money for other projects.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus H97I-plus (mini itx) $99
Cpu: i5-4690 $224
Ram: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB $37
Psu: seasonic 350watt (don't remember model) around $65
Fans: 2 Noctua NF-Ax10 40mm $14
Drive: 250GB Samsung 850 evo ssd $90
Case: Nes shell $50

This project took me about a month to finish as there was a bit of a learning curve working with bondo. Parts of the shell had to be cut out and other parts filled in. After lots and lots of sanding, the shell was sprayed with plastidip in pearl white.

Asking $800

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These are today's prices. Some of these parts last year were a bit more expensive. Also the bondo, epoxy, Plastidip, Windows 10 were not free. You did good in math class I see.

·
Registered
952 Posts
No that I need it but, looks cool....Free bump !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts