AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8197 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, definitely still on for the 10th & looking forward to it! I'll get an email with more info sent out this week (or weekend at latest) to everyone that has sent me a PM with their email address.

This is in regard to a meet I'll be hosting at my home in Ankeny on Saturday the 10th from about 2pm to 5pm or whenever. Please send me a PM with your name & email address if interested in attending. Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Take plenty of pictures for those of us that can't make it

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've sent emails with my address, phone number & other information about an HT meet at my home next Saturday November 10 in Ankeny IA. Please let me know if you're planning to attend but did not receive an email. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_mitch /forum/post/12137519

My wife scheduled to have the gas meter changed out on the 10th! Now she decides she has to work on the 10th!

Oh, come ON! Get your priorities straight, man! Tell the wife she can work OR get the meter changed out, but not both. She gets to pick which one.

Bummer - I was hoping to meet you. Not many of us CRT'ers around!

SC

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does this mean the meet is off? Oh no!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Eh? Where'd you get that from?!?! It's just Greg that can't make it - because the gas meter and her work are more important than the meet. The nerve...

SC

·
Registered
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrabb /forum/post/12141252

Eh? Where'd you get that from?!?! It's just Greg that can't make it - because the gas meter and her work are more important than the meet. The nerve...

SC

Just concerned since the group was going to be small.
We'll just to have fun without Greg. Don't worry Greg, my wife double-books us all the time... Ok, on with the meet!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
a gas meter change?-that's the best excuse you can come up with?

Come on-give us "a family member died"-give us "I have to buy a bury our pet goldfish"- give us "someone put sugar in the gas tank of my car and it's in the shop".

Not telling you what to do, but it would be a shame if your wife was sick on saturday (wink, wink) and was unable to go to work and had to stay home for the gas meter replacement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Definitely still on & looking forward to it! Greg let me know if anything changes to allow you to join us. Even if not, be sure to send me an invite when your project is done & you are ready to host a get together.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Jeff/Juli -

Thanks for a fun afternoon! Your home and room are beautiful and your system is incredible. Your attention to detail was really impressive. The Klipschorns and Crown amps really rocked, too. It was the first time I'd been in an HT that was actually capable of pain-inducing SPL - literally. The scene in Incredibles where the "shuttle" flew onto the tracks sounded like a gunshot - only louder. Thanks for your hospitality and I look forward to getting together again soon!

SC

PS - Were your Crowns 202s or 402s? I'm shopping...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jeff, a big thanks to you and Juli for hosting yesterday at the meet. We had a great time. You did a fantastic job on your theater, you have a lot to be proud about. The sound was amazing, those Klipschorns give a pleasantly crisp sound... can't wait to hear it with more LFE!.

It was fun meeting everyone.... hey, we forgot to take photos!

Thanks for the hospitality!! Until next time....

Chad & Michelle

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Jeff/Juli

Thank you for welcoming us into your home. It was great to see another theater with such attention to detail and as ecrabb said a mind blowing, ear ringing listening experience. We are looking forward to the next one!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for coming over, we had a great time meeting everyone! Its amazing how fast the time went. By next time I should have the LFE better balanced in (on my to-do list), and I promise...moderate SPL! We don't actually watch whole movies at that level, I got a little carried away in "demo mode".

The Crowns are XLS402's, btw. If you go that route and want to switch the fans let me know. Its a cheap & easy mod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I just saw the posts for a meet up in Ankeny. If there is another sometime I'd be up for it too. I plan on building one in my basement in Ankeny and always looking for ideas and tips, etc.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hey all. Whiskey alpha introduced me to this IA meet thread. I'd love to join in on the next meet. I have a moderate theater here in Cedar Rapids and have a few friends who just finished a room or are starting construction of a room. Not to mention I am in the market for a new home and wanting to start another build there.

Anyone have pictures of there theater online? I have a few on a low-budget website (found in my signature). I'd love to see other Iowa theaters.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan /forum/post/12490506

Hey all. Whiskey alpha introduced me to this IA meet thread. I'd love to join in on the next meet. I have a moderate theater here in Cedar Rapids and have a few friends who just finished a room or are starting construction of a room. Not to mention I am in the market for a new home and wanting to start another build there.

Anyone have pictures of there theater online? I have a few on a low-budget website (found in my signature). I'd love to see other Iowa theaters.

Darren,

Welcome to the thread, glad you found it. I checked out your page... nice work! Looks like you did most of it yourself, fellow DIYer I see. I'd also love to hear those Paradigms!

I am currently remodeling a basement that contains my multi-purpose room "theater" (I have to use that term loosely after some of the ones I've seen this year), so I won't have photos for some time and my previous theater was definitely not photo worthly... functional, not pretty. Although, ecrabb is getting pretty close to having the details done on his new theater, so maybe I can bug him (or help him) get those details done and capture some awesome photos.

Chad

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks for the kind remarks about my build. I did all the work myself. Having one theater construction under my belt, I'm excited about the next and already have a long list of additional things I want to add or attempt.

If you are ever in the area and want to hear the Paradigms, just let me know. I have been a long time Paradigm supporter since I bought my first pair of Atoms over 10 years ago. The current setup I have sounds amazing in my opinion. But we all know sound is subjective.

21 - 40 of 8197 Posts