AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may or may not have seen, IBM has a kind of super LCD monitor for demanding graphical applications in the market... I think it costs round about $12000. (I don't recall the model name just now, but there aren't too many of these babies to choose from anyway).

It comes with a PCI card (!) from Matrox with dualhead DVI outputs (R200 or something like that).

In order to serve the display at its native resolution, one has to connect both DVI outputs to it.

Now... if any technically minded people out there could help me fill out the blanks here...

-If one would have that kind of cash lying around... is it possible to use the Matrox card as a screen feeder only? That is.... could one connect a GeForce 8 Ti Ultra With G.R.A.V.Y. to it to use the 22.2" screen for playing Quake 19... if that should be one's desire?

-Is it possible to use that dualhead technique to increase the line output from the HTPC (if that should be one's desire)?

I caught a brief glimpse of a $55000 Barco projector doing its stuff and... wow... everyone should have one! The line quadrupler alone just killed me.

But the DVI is a wee little bit too limited bandwidth-wise. Thus, this question.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think the highest end IBM monitor actually uses 4 DVI connections (this is the 9 megapixel one). I think one DVI drives the upper left, the 2nd upper right etc. rather than interleaving the lines.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Powerstrip has settings for the IBM T221 at 3840 x 2400 progressive. That sounds like the monitor in question.

1080p = 2 megapixels

That IBM monitor = 9.2 megapixels

I think I wet myself :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.