·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the following to make a bunch of IC's:

70' of Belden 89259

12 Pairs of Vampire 5X CB RCA's

WBT Silver Solder 42 gram spool

I'm hoping someone might know where I can find detailed instructions, pictures, diagrams etc on how to put these together from A-Z? I just don't want to miss any important steps and do everything as thoroughly as I can with the materials I have purchased.

Thanks,

J.R.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
 www.geocities.com/jonrisch is a good place to start.

I think you've bought excellent supplies and should have great results. My only recommendation is to avoid the silver solder unless you are somewhat skilled with the iron. It is much more difficult to use and a bad solder joint will eventually sound bad. I've built about two or three dozen ICs and just use standard Kester solder. I can't hear any difference between it and silver solder and it is so much easier to use.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am by no means what I would consider skilled with the iron, however I stuck with the silver solder and while I found it to be a little more difficult to work with than regular solder, I did not find it so difficult as to cause any major problems. I just had to be a bit more dilligent about it. I've got it all hooked up now and it sounds great :D

J.R.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Excellent!

The silver solder is tougher, but probably not too much of a problem on cables. After all- it's hard to over cook a cable. Beware of opamps, though!

Thanks for the follow up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.