AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You mentioned an app you were using to do you rtvpatch use video and I can't find the thread where you talked about the app you used to record the windows desktop. Do you know what that is?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
The program is called wink
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

It's free and good.

and to tell you the truth it just took me 25 min to track down, but I'm glad I did. I certainly didn't want to lose track of it.

One annoying thing about screen capture programs is mouse movement. Even after practicing moving the mouse smoothly the mouse movement never looks right.

Wink works a little different. You choose the mouse's position only at key times and the program tweens the mouse movement smoothly for you. No more distracting mouse movement.

The best way to make a video is to make 3 videos. It's the hesitations that waste all the time.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
quickguide:

Just get to the second 'wizard' screen where it says 'now recording' but appears to be doing nothing (no frame count) and move the mouse somewhere and press the 'pause' key on your keyboard (the rarely used one near the delete key). Repeat moving your mouse to a new position and pressing the pause key (typically you want to move the mouse over a dialog box button, press pause, then mouseclick the button). After you are all done press finish (or the hotkey). Then the programs main screen will pop up. Just click on the button that looks like a right arrow (two to the left of the yellow question mark) and give your video a file name. It will render the video for you. Play the file it produced in explorer (Project/View Rendered Output or F8)

After you've completed what I described above the initial mystery will be gone (you'll have a clue) and it will become easy to figure out everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.