AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Home Theatre PC has an All-In-Wonder 7500 with the included Gemstar GuidePlus+ television guide.

When I set it to specific zipcodes for OTA (over-The-Air) stations, I get all the channels I want except for 1 station. When I choose other zipcodes closer to that station, I lose a couple of stations in the other direction.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to add both OTA stations as well as cable/satellite channels manually? And while we're on the subject, I have my C-Band satellite feeding the video input of my All-In-Wonder. It would be nice to be able to specify something other than numbers for the channel numbers (e.g. G5-04) as well as as which of the inputs (RF, SVideo or Video) of the card to switch to when selecting a channel.

And as long as I'm wishing, maybe allowing specifying a bmp file for a logo for stations that are not covered.

Maybe ATI can pass this up the chain to Gemstar and AIW programmers as a feature request if they happen to read this?

Regards,

Ira

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel the same way. I have a Radeon AIW 8500dv and think wonders of the card, but I hate the software.

What were the boneheads at Gemstar thinking? Making a product that is that cool without the ability to work with an IR blaster or cable/dish boxes?

Cable and Dish services are only the most widely used forms of media transmission on the plannet!

Can any of you truly name a cable company that pushes their premium signals (HBO, Sho, etc.) without a converter box?

I mean really, if they are going to list the movies in the Gemstar guide, how do they expect people to get to them?

In all honesty, I have uninstalled the ATI software and have found a adequate replacement in Snapstream.

I know its not the best utility. I'm hoping they do better with their 3.0 release, but it is serviceable and they have a serial port IR blaster that works with TitanTV and my dish provider, Dish Network.

The only thing really missing is extended codec support and show conflict management support.

Other than that, as I said, the Snapstream software is "servicable" in the absense of sanity from Gemstar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.