AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am just now venturing into the bright new world of front projection. I've been most interested in budget pjs like the NEC VT45 and Panasonic AE100 for my new home. The Model B is the screen that best fits my budget right now, as I need a manual pulldown. However, I've been very concerned about the ripples, waves and other distortion reported by Dalite Model B owners. I've read about a couple of homebrewed tensioning systems, so I thought I'd throw an idea out there:

Attach--with velcro tape or something like that--little ziploc bags (they don't have to be ziploc, I just thought that would be easy to find) filled with sand, to the extreme left and right lower edge of the screen. More bags could be added along the lower edge as the need applies too.

Has anyone ever tried anything like this? I've heard about the bungee cords and stuff, but I don't want to put holes in the floor to anchor these cords. If there are Model B owners out there who've tried something similar or would like to try out this wacky idea, please let me know how it turned out. Any other feedback would also be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.