AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G1000 looks really good with a Panamorph lens. However it's as loud as ever. I was thinking of building a hush box but had been waiting for the Panamorph. As luck would have it, I received the Panamorph a while ago and currently it's hung off the front of my current home made mount via a C-clamp.

I plan on having the Panamorph always in place, I don't watch much 1.33 ratio stuff on it anyway.

I have an open beam ceiling so I can't vent into the ceiling (I also have no attic). The hush box will have to have a baffled output to reduce noise.

Requirements/Ideas:

- hold the Panamorph and allows for it to be adjusted. Perhaps

rubber flanges around it? Or a removable front panel that can be modified once the Panamorph/G1000 is adjusted to the screen.

- easily replaceable filter

- DC or AC fans for forced cooling? Which is quieter?

- current sensor for controlling fans.

- internal temperature monitor alarm

- port for IR Control.

- 3/4 plywood for the base? With MDF sides? (My current 1/2" base is bending after 1 year).

- hole for cables/power.

- adjustable mounting to aim the projector/Panamorph at the screen. I was thinking of 3/4" galvanized pipe as the main mount

with some allen screw locks tapped into each one to lock in position once adjusted. Perhaps just buy a Chief DILA mount and build the hush box around it?

What have I missed?

-=-

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out the wire basket mounting in another active thread (title was something like $20 Hushbox for LT-150). The Panamorph could be mounted from the Ceiling in front of the lens. The whole thing could then be covered by the Hushbox - nothing actually sits on the Hushbox.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been following that thread. (I also have a LT-150) however I have a sloped ceiling with a 4"x12" beam that I have to mount the whole thing from, (there is also a 4"x12" beam 4' in front of the projector that I have to clear).

-=-

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.