AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice on an inexpensive device that plays Internet radio. I've looked on Amazon and NewEgg but there's no standout product. I'm thinking a media player might do. Need at least:

1. Remote and maybe a hardware knob or whatever for selecting stations.

2. Built in speaker or stereo out.

3. Some hardware display for navigating stations.

4. WiFi

I suppose I could get an iPhone 3G dock with speakers but the player is intended for the dinning room, not the bedroom.

I have a Windows Home Server which may figure into the solution. Hmmm, maybe I just need some WHS software and a remote?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have the squeezebox radio which I picked up for 149. It does internet radio in addition to playing music from a computer. Sounds great and was simple to set up. Have had it for a couple of weeks and no problems so far. They also make a boom box which is more money of course but supposedly sounds even better.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squeezebox would be fine but the cost is $250 in France. For a single function device, it's too pricey. I'm leaning toward the Archos 8 Home Tablet which will be less expensive but more versatile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.