AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hopefully getting my first pj soon - probably a Z1.

I'm looking for idea of how to mount it. The room is only 10 feet long so it's got to be pretty much at the back of the room (above the sofa).

The main concern is that it's got to be an inconspicous as possible, in order to keep peace with my girlfriend!

I was thinking about putting a shelf up mounted to the rear wall. I'd remove the pj when not in use.

Does anyone know how it would be possible to make the shelf removable too, without leaving unsighlty brackets in place?

I can't do the ultimate and have it hidden in the celing as I live in a flat, and the ceiling is solid.

Thanks in advance,

James

·
Registered
799 Posts
Greetings,

Any way to show us a photo of this highly prized piece of real estate?

You could build a "nice" shelf unit: maybe a bit long that could additionally carry the rear speakers. What about a floor position in front of your sofa?

"Z1" as in the Sharp Z1?

It's a dilemma, jdb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jdb,

Thanks for your reply.

The idea of a shelf for rear speakers and projector is a good one. The other idea I'm considering is putting up a small bit of track shelving and removing the shelf when not in use. I might cover the tracks with a picture when the shelf is not in place! :)

Sorry, I meant a Sanyo PLV-Z1.

For a bit of background, the room is actually 14' x 10', but I can't use it lengthways due to logistics! I'd love a bigger place, but in London you don't get a lot for your $!

All the best,

James

·
Registered
799 Posts
James-

Here's something to chew on:

A library shelf.

Except where there are speakers and a PJ, the "books" are really a faux clump of spines glued onto a pull away sheet of foam core.

You know the "hollow book hiding place" concept: only larger in scale.

The take down and set up of a projector and shelf unit seems like a lot of work and better kept as a final measure.

"Girlfriends are easily dealt with by getting down on hands and knees and begging between sobs" - jdb

Little flat in Kensington cost me two arms and a leg. Moved to Plymouth: only cost me two arms there. But still, moved back to the states before having to sleep out on the hoe.

Damn chilly year round too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.