AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So in the upcoming months I have kid #3 on the way and my home office/game room is going to need to drastically change. I currently have a small 8' x 10' room I use to work out of during the day but then is my gaming room by night. I've been trying to figure out a good way to soundproof the door as that causes the most noise both from entering the room as well as leaving the room. All the walls in the room are dry-walled w/r13 insulation in them. I have a solid core pine door on the room with weatherstripping all the way around and a threshhold at the bottom. Unfortunately its still quite load in the room during the day from noise outside with the kids and vice versa when I game at night.

Does anyone have ideas for how to solve the problem? I've looked into Acoustic foam wedge panels but I'm not sure that will solve both problems. I've considered putting in a super nice soundproof door but the cost just about dropped me out of my chair. Looking for any ideas or experience with such a matter.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Hey everyone,

So in the upcoming months I have kid #3 on the way and my home office/game room is going to need to drastically change. I currently have a small 8' x 10' room I use to work out of during the day but then is my gaming room by night. I've been trying to figure out a good way to soundproof the door as that causes the most noise both from entering the room as well as leaving the room. All the walls in the room are dry-walled w/r13 insulation in them. I have a solid core pine door on the room with weatherstripping all the way around and a threshhold at the bottom. Unfortunately its still quite load in the room during the day from noise outside with the kids and vice versa when I game at night.

Does anyone have ideas for how to solve the problem? I've looked into Acoustic foam wedge panels but I'm not sure that will solve both problems. I've considered putting in a super nice soundproof door but the cost just about dropped me out of my chair. Looking for any ideas or experience with such a matter.

Thanks in advance!
Tactile transducer in your chair and head phones on your ears..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts