AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I made a screen frame and finally stretched my blackout fabric on the frame and stuck the thing on the wall temporarily. Was worried about creases from bracing but you can't see it. I'm happy with my screen and need to hang it up. Its about 47 x 84 inches. I'm projecting a smaller picture on the screen than that, probably only 80" wide maximum.

My wall is crappy paneling and I'm not sure how to fasten it to the wall so its as flat as possible. Any suggestions?

thanx

:)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I simply put 3 nails in the wall and hung the wood frame over the nails. Since my equipment racks are below the screen, I don't worry too much about touching the screen and knocking it off the wall.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used 2 - 45 degree mitered boards (approximately 3’ long) to mount my frame onto the wall. This is what it looks like looking at the end of the boards:

Code:
Code:
----------
|         |
|--       |
|   \\  A  |
|    \\    |
|     \\   |
|  B   \\  |
|       --|
|         |
-----------
Board "A" is mounted to the back of the screen. Board "B" is mounted to studs in the wall. This method allows you to remove and replace the screen effortlessly. It keeps the screen straight up and down and has no visible screws once mounted…

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. Here's what I did. I have a drop ceiling. I attached two very small metal plates to the top of my screen frame and they slip between the wall and the drop ceiling frame. Second, I made angle brackets out of the same metal I made the top plates out of. Those plates fit down below and screw into the wall studs. The screen frame just sits ontop of those. In fact, the screen isn't even screwed on there. I figured, why bother. Its absolutely perfect. Since the bottom angle plates are screwed into the wall precisely, there is a friction fit. When I slip the top brackets into the ceiling and then bring the bottom of the screen frame to the angle brackets, the screen squeezes in place and is totally stable. I might add some masking, but as is, its cool. My father actually made the brackets. I treated my parents to Gladiator tonight. Then I watched Punch Drunk Love. That is one messed up movie. Entertaining though. Thats my story. Since my HT is pretty well finished now, I will post pics.

thanx

:)

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right. Just put them behind your screen. For mine I used metal plates that were like an L-bracket. They went on the bottom of the screen and went up behind the screen and attached onto the wall. Works ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.