AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am looking at purchasing Sony's SS-F7000 Floor-Standing Speakers, and I need a receiver that will pair well with these as well as my Polk PSW10 subwoofer. Any ideas/suggestions? I am moving into my first house this summer and want a decent sound system for my living room. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Probably just a 2.0 for now

Edit: Actually, either would work, but Im not looking to spend too much.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagele16  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver/0_100#post_24534565

I am looking at purchasing Sony's SS-F7000 Floor-Standing Speakers, and I need a receiver that will pair well with these as well as my Polk PSW10 subwoofer. Any ideas/suggestions? I am moving into my first house this summer and want a decent sound system for my living room. Thanks for any help.

check here for good deals on marantz, denon, onkyo and yahmaha authorized refurbished models. some great deals. Find something that fits your budget and has the features you desire. dont fret over 2 channel receivers vs multi-channel avrs - all avr's can do 2 channel just as good as any two channel receiver or integrated with the added benefit of most having some sort of auto eq set up program and proper bass management features.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You should probably get a 5.1 AVR, for two reasons:

- bass management, you have a 2.1 system and very few stereo systems have bass management (there are a few)

- room correction

What is your budget? This will dictate what you should buy, and not the model of your speakers and sub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Im not looking to spend over 200 on the receiver, which I know isnt very much, but its what I have to work with.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagele16  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24538558

Im not looking to spend over 200 on the receiver, which I know isnt very much, but its what I have to work with.

The Sony STRDH130 is $118 at Amazon.

That will work well.

Your F7000 speakers will go as low as the PSW-10 subwoofer, so it is not even worth hooking it up. The PSW-10 is pretty worthless unless it is used with TINY little bookshelf speakers.

Save up for a PSW505 if you want lower bass than your speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24538641

The Sony STRDH130 is $118 at Amazon.

That will work well.

Your F7000 speakers will go as low as the PSW-10 subwoofer, so it is not even worth hooking it up. The PSW-10 is pretty worthless unless it is used with TINY little bookshelf speakers.

Save up for a PSW505 if you want lower bass than your speakers.
I was actually looking at that receiver as well. And yeah, my sub is actually hooked up to some small speakers right now, which was why I was looking at upgrading my system.

Anyways, do you think the Sony or the Onkyo I posted earlier would suit my needs better? Looking for some pretty good base, and decently loud music for a living room.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Look for a deal like commsysman mentioned - or look used, find a $500 unit that someone just upgraded to a $1000 unit and is selling off for $100 - $200.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagele16  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24542832

Just in case I want to add more speakers or a better sub later on.

You will never stop wanting to add and upgrade

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagele16  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24542832

I am also considering: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr1513/denon-avr-1513-5.1ch-home-theater-receiver-3d-ready/1.html

Just in case I want to add more speakers or a better sub later on.

Thoughts?

If I was on a tight budget and needed a receiver I'd probably run right out and buy one! It is a give-away price. They are doing everything but paying people to take these off their hands.

·
Registered
50 Posts

i have the onkyo TX8020 from AFL and its very good. i'm looking to sell mine as i am getting back into HT. pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley08  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24543818

i have the onkyo TX8020 from AFL and its very good. i'm looking to sell mine as i am getting back into HT. pm me if you are interested.
I actually ended up buying the Denon AVR-E200 for $130 from accessories4less, along with the Sony SS-F7000 speakers last night. Now I'm going to save for some rear speakers, a center, and a Bic F12 sub. Hopefully it'll be a good set up when its all done. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
let us know how you like the e-200.they're selling up here for 199 bucks.i was thinking of grabbing one for my bedroom.tell us how it is with 2.0.i read that it has 2.0 surround,wonder how that sounds.thanks

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagele16  /t/1524465/ideas-on-receiver#post_24545232

I actually ended up buying the Denon AVR-E200 for $130 from accessories4less, along with the Sony SS-F7000 speakers last night. Now I'm going to save for some rear speakers, a center, and a Bic F12 sub. Hopefully it'll be a good set up when its all done. Thanks for the help everyone.

That's a good receiver

If I'm not mistaken, Sony doesn't make a center channel to match with those speakers. Your front three speakers should timbre match, which means either three of the exact same speaker or the center designed by the manufacturer to match. So bad speaker choice for building a surround sound setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts