AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85" Sony 900H, Denon AVR-X3600H, (2) HSU VTF-2
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the monoprice dual band IR transmitter so when I am watching movies I can close the doors of my cabinets so the room is completely dark, but I can still control everything. It works FANTASTIC, but obviously with the cabinet closed the receiver gets warm. It is a Yamaha RX-V765. Anyone have some ideas l, or devices, that are inexpensive that I put in the cabinet to keep it cool? I was thinking a small fan to move the air over it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually found them right after posting. checking out some other ones too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes...but I am trying to find smaller options. Already did a ton of research on them.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious  /t/1467974/ideas-to-keep-receiver-cool-in-cabinet#post_23197664

Check this out.. if you have a USB in the rack somewhere ... just plug this fan in and put it on top of the receiver. It will VASTLY improve your temp.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556088417.html

Super quiet and I leave mine on 24/7/365.

Will my Oppo BDP-103's USB connection power this fan? I use a Lexicon Pre-Pro which does not have any USB ports.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by border411  /t/1467974/ideas-to-keep-receiver-cool-in-cabinet#post_23196503

So I just got the monoprice dual band IR transmitter so when I am watching movies I can close the doors of my cabinets so the room is completely dark, but I can still control everything. It works FANTASTIC, but obviously with the cabinet closed the receiver gets warm. It is a Yamaha RX-V765. Anyone have some ideas l, or devices, that are inexpensive that I put in the cabinet to keep it cool? I was thinking a small fan to move the air over it.

Two easiest ways to do it are either installing fans or opening up the back.

·
Registered
899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch  /t/1467974/ideas-to-keep-receiver-cool-in-cabinet/0_50#post_23201931

Will my Oppo BDP-103's USB connection power this fan? I use a Lexicon Pre-Pro which does not have any USB ports.
I can't speak directly to the Oppo but my receiver, Sony Blu-ray, cable box and Xbox all have UBS ports; they will all power that fan; and they all stay on even when the device power is off.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a thermaltake a00007 (or something like that) fot $19 shipped off of ebay thru newegg. Funny, thru newegg direct I would have to pay $10 shipping. Off ebay, no shipping! Good reviews and even more airflow!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update....just got the Thermaltake AF0007 in the mail. Put it on the top of the receiver with it sucking the hot air out of the AVR. HUGE difference. A+ in my book!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts