AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a retractable 112 inch screen and at times the wind is annoying. I'm looking for some creative ideas to secure the bottom of the screen during windy days. I've thought of using sand bags but, just hate the look of two black bags sitting on the ground.

I always get great advice from people on the forum, so hoping I get some creative ideas to consider.

Ty

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
I made this to hold my manual pull down at the proper height as the stop would have the bottom below the top of the speakers. Not sure it would work in the wind, the screw in dog chain anchors above would probably be better on each end.
Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you both for the ideas.

I should have mentioned that the flooring where the screen is not grass, but a ceramic tile. So can't really screw anything into the flooring.

Using dumbbell was a good idea, I'll have to consider that. What was the weight you used?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made this to hold my manual pull down at the proper height as the stop would have the bottom below the top of the speakers. Not sure it would work in the wind, the screw in dog chain anchors above would probably be better on each end.
Good luck
What was the weight your using?

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
12lb if I recall, it is just enough to hold it where it needs to be and I can easily slide it behind the speaker when not in use as it is free standing. In my case the screen is not locked on a stop.. the stop is another couple inches lower..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts