AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen references here and there on how to do it but was confused by numorous opinions. Can someone tell me step by step, what I need to do to get my ipod songs to upload onto the PS3 with folders, artists, albums and song titles.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Plug ipod in with usb, power ps3 on, it should show up in your music area. Then it gets wierd and I can't remember completely, but you hit triangle I think and start going throught the folders untill you find the songs you are after, then hit triangle/copy. Not very user friendly as far as taking songs off ipod. That may not be completely right, but will get you heading in right direction.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
It's easy.

First plug your iPod into your PC or Mac, fire up iTunes, go to the iPod options and make sure "Enable disk use" is checked.

Then unplug it and plug it into the USB on the PS3.

On the PS3, go to Music, and the iPod device should show there, at the top, named "USB Device (iPod)". Highlight it and hit (Triangle) then choose Display All.

Go to the folder named "iPod_Control", and then the folder "Music". Your music is there in those funny-named folders (F00, F01, etc). You can play them directly from there, or copy them to the PS3's internal HDD (hit Triangle, Copy). You can copy whole folders, too.

Note: copy protected files (.M4P) will NOT play.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should have worded it differently. I had no problems getting the music on the PS3, it's the issue of no titles, albums or artists. I have over 1000 songs and it will be very time consuming to go in and manually edit each song with artist and album info. How do I decode the apple info so my PS3 can read artists, albums and such?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.