AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been quite impressed with this combo for a month now.Last night I downloaded the latest 2.0 firmware for the A1 .Now the picture has the dreaded black crush issue.Are there any 4805 owners who have come up against this problem ? Can I change the black settings in the projector maybe ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I believe that is a problem with just the A1, so check out the HD-DVD player forum instead. I don't use DVI on my A1, so I can't really help you here.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
welcome to 2.0

what connection? if it's M1-DVI or M1-HDMI, then try component.

also a call to Andy McCenroe at Toshiba's customer support center would also be helpful.

they're fixing these issues right now on the XA2/A2, but nobody has given any details about a fix for first gen players.

i feel your pain as i have the same issue on my IN72 and IN76 with the A1.

what's even more frustrating is that they're fixing the 2nd gen players that have only been out for about a month, while us 1st gen owners have been experiencing this since last summer.

everybody is speculating that the 1st gen firmware fix will follow along soon, but there has been no "offical" confirmation of that yet--only rumors and guesses. the 2nd gen players are supposedly getting an update by the end of the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts