AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as you know, I'm a newbie at this forum, but I have learned alot just reading posts in this forum.

but I do have a question regarding cables... I'm planning to connect compsite and svhs cable (about 25 feet each ) to infocus 5700 along with DVI cable.

My question is, does it matter which SVHS or composite cable i used or does it make a big difference? I seen 26 feet long SVHS cable for as low as $19 and as high as $150.

any advise?

thank you,

alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alex,

I originally bought a monster cable 25' S-video cable. I returned that fro a 20' cable from Bluejeans cable along with a component video cable of the same length.

One thing I noticed with the 25' cable was a faint white band that slowly moved through the picture. I have all my power in one filtered and surge protected outlet so I could rule out grounding issues (as well as knowing the house wiring is correct). When I moved to the 20' S-Video cable it improved but did not go away completely. When I added the component cable which goes to the DVD only, the banding went away on the S-video as well.

I would definitely use a shielded cable but I was in the mid end of pricing. PM me if you want to know more.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.