AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my IF 7200 bulb is up to 2200 hours and often (because of apparent dimming ith bulb life) i run it on "high power" if i have guests over and i want to add a little punch/brightness.

is it normal for these to last past 2000 hours? i was told when i bought it 1500 was average lifespan of the bulb.

PS - i still love the 7200 as much as the day i bought it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have a 7200 with 1550 hours on it.

I've never run it on High other than a few seconds to see if it makes a big difference (it doesn't).

I thought the lifespan was 3,000 hours on low and 2,000 hours on high.

You're probably right at the 95th percentile of the bulb's lifespan. Congrats!

Enjoy and cross your fingers. Make sure you have a spare handy.

PS Completely in agreement with your PS? ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've got a little more than 2000 hours at low power on mine. I agree with Andrikos about stated life - I believe his numbers are what InFocus advertises.

Regards,

Denis

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool - i'll probably refrain from using high power at all from now on (i used it sparingly when i did), and hope to get another 1000 hours out of the bulb (and i already have a replacement waiting).

love this projector! no matter how much he calibrates it, i swear my friend's 7205 lacks the punch my picture has (color, contrast, etc), and my 7200 is a REFURB.... don't know what's up with that. i KNOW it looks better than the first 7200 i had which had a dead pixel in the center of the screen (which is why i have a refurb now).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.