AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My picture quality from cable (analog) varies from day to day (and hour to hour). As soon as I call a repairman out, it get's better for a few days... So please don't respond "call a repairman". I'm looking for self-help.

Would a signal booster or ANY device help clean up my cable signal? It's not horrible, just some minor staticy junk. Doesn't look like interference (it's not a repeating line moving across or up and down the screen) just very light static for the whole image.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Cable amps from RS or anywhere else are good usually for one thing and one thing only: taking an already good signal and distributing it to a large number of sets. Search this forum and you will discover why. I was a Cable headend and trunk sweep technician for years, so this is not just an opinion.

I agree...get DISH. Intermittent cable problems are hard to find. If your neighbors on the same feed don't have the problem it is likely your drop. Arm yourself with this info if you try having them repair it, it will narrow things down significantly for them. Sadly, cable techs are usually not fully motivated to do this, so you might have to eventually resort to actually ripping down and destroying the drop yourself and then simply calling them with an outage report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.