AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If HBO-HD (or Showtime-HD...channel content really isn't important to this thread) was available unbundled from the whole HBO package by your MSO, what would you do?

I'm fairly sure of the answers, but I'd like a little sampling to see.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
of course this will happen as soon as pigs fly, so it's kind of a moot point :)

edit to say: I mean of course that the (HBO|SHO) HD channel is unbundled and rolled into the main HD package or offered for substantially lower price by itself.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since there are obviously a number of people (like me) who don't subscribe to HBO/Showtime but would pay for just the HD channel(s), it seems that maybe it wouldn't be completely impossible.

Obviously, an MSO could not do it without the provider (HBO/Showtime) offering a lower-cost option for the HD-only package. Depending on how much the MSO makes on the current full package, it might actually be possible at reasonable rates.

Note that results here are also terribly skewed, as this is an HD forum and the people that post here are HD-centric. Some people might actually have picked the first choice but find that their spouse (for example) really wants all those other channel choices. As an example, having both east and west feeds seems to be something that a lot of people like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.