Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy the Pioneer 503CMX or 433CMX can I do the

following:

1. Connect my RP-91 via Componet out? Will it accept

Progressive out?

2. Connect a Set Top HDTV Reciver via DVI like the new

Samsung SIR-T165 coming out in June or connect it

or any other STB using RGB connector?

I want to make sure of the compatibility before spending big bucks. Thanks for all your expertise.

Waiting in the wings.:confused:

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you want to connect via component cables you will need to get the PDA-5002 card for either of those screens. Some deals you will see include the card, others don't so take care when purchasing.

The DVI connector is also on the same card.

If you need to feed an additional RGB video signal then the 15-pin VGA connector is also able to receive that if the PDA-5002 card is fitted.

Can't comment on the specific devices you mention as I am not familiar with them though.

Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Mark!

Do the two plasmas accept the "Progressive" signals

from the DVD player?

Is the 15 pin connector that you mention is that the one

on the back of the HDTV Receivers that you connect to the Plasma?

Still not sure if these Plasmas can have a HDTV Receiver

connected to them.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Bassone:

I’m not familiar the with the 433CMX so my comments are for the 503CMX only.

Yes, it accepts progressive input from your DVD player. As for satellite receivers, it will accept a high definition signal through VGA or its component inputs. As Mark points out, these both require the optional video card. If you’re planning to use component for your DVD player, you’ll either have to get a satellite receiver with VGA out or a component switcher to go between your DVD player and the satellite receiver.

A word of caution on VGA high definition, though. Some receivers don’t present a full screen picture on the 503CMX. I have a Sony HD-100 and it has this problem. I don’t know if it’s the receiver’s problem or the plasma’s. It works fine through component, which is what I’m using.

·
Registered
299 Posts
As Jim mentioned, progressive should be fine with these two, but take care if you look at the HD versions with the media box.

This may not matter to you, but on a recent demo we were able to display NTSC Progressive perfectly, but PAL Progressive would not display via the media box.

The MX version handled both PAL and NTSC Progressive perfectly.

Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim!

Apperently the new Samsung SIR-T165 OTA only receiver coming in June will have DVI out.

Will this be able to plug into the Plasma, freeing up the Componet input for DVD player?

I am trying to avoid additional switches and cables.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
One more point - all the inputs to either CMX model are Identical, IOW, the input panels on both the 50" and the 43" look absolutely the same.

Bassone - last question is - Yes

Regards, Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark,

I did decide that I wanted more flexibility for the connections in the future and was not impressed by the Media box on the new Pio's. The contrast didn't seem to be up to

my level of expectation for the money. Also,the Media box

does not have HD tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.